• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

WTS: Preproduction ORF FT3 (FAL type 3) Receivers $249.95!! FOR HISTORICAL REFERENCE ONLY

Status

owlcreekok

Well-known member
FALaholic #
15323
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Posts
9,305
Location
Tejas
Feedback: 44 / 0 / 0
How many kits are laying around from left coast to right coast ? 20 thou ? A lot more than that, I'll wager. How many folks have a rifle that they would swap uppers on if they had a choice ? A hunnerd ? How long can it take to cut one out ? (assuming CNC mills and the will to do so)

There is something rotten in the fish tank. I been around here for two years. There has been no steady supply of uppers in that time. I bet the ratio of kits to uppers is a go-million to one. At least one of the firms capable of building FAL uppers just does not give a fried apple fug if home builders or even pro smith's have any. (guess who, they admitted it on here) Another couple firms with such capabilities are still in business, but do not care to address a market, based on their inaction. Somebody, somewhere (and I have a good idea who it is) is going to bust out with a shitload of uppers. The guys that are sitting in their office, bitching about deals gone bad and schlong schlepping a rich market of rifle customers are going to look around wishing they had not been sitting with their thumb up their ass.

It is going to be funny. (to me, anyway)
 

Rapid Fire

Well-known member
FALaholic #
1011
Joined
Sep 13, 2000
Posts
298
Location
Troy, Ohio, USA
Feedback: 3 / 1 / 1
Guys,
Sorry we have fell way behind on these. The Galil project for the C company has priority at the shop right now. We were running good then had a couple of the machining centers go down, were just getting back up and running them now. First of the year were back on the FALs. Merry Christmas!!

Todd@ORF
 

Crowcreek

Member
FALaholic #
15302
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Posts
14
Location
WA
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
Merry Christmas to you, Todd. God Bless us everyone!

I'll call to find out if I'm still on the list in a few weeks, because I haven't had any FAL recievers fall out of the sky into my lap since I first signed up!
 

american_pride

Well-known member
FALaholic #
20275
Joined
Jun 17, 2006
Posts
74
Location
Land of fruits and nuts
Feedback: 2 / 0 / 1
Rapid Fire said:
Guys,
Sorry we have fell way behind on these. The Galil project for the C company has priority at the shop right now. We were running good then had a couple of the machining centers go down, were just getting back up and running them now. First of the year were back on the FALs. Merry Christmas!!

Todd@ORF

guess there is more money in galils receivers............................:confused: :mad:
 

zallen

Well-known member
FALaholic #
17173
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Posts
549
Feedback: 2 / 0 / 0
owlcreekok said:
How many kits are laying around from left coast to right coast ? 20 thou ? A lot more than that, I'll wager. How many folks have a rifle that they would swap uppers on if they had a choice ? A hunnerd ? How long can it take to cut one out ? (assuming CNC mills and the will to do so)

There is something rotten in the fish tank. I been around here for two years. There has been no steady supply of uppers in that time. I bet the ratio of kits to uppers is a go-million to one. At least one of the firms capable of building FAL uppers just does not give a fried apple fug if home builders or even pro smith's have any. (guess who, they admitted it on here) Another couple firms with such capabilities are still in business, but do not care to address a market, based on their inaction. Somebody, somewhere (and I have a good idea who it is) is going to bust out with a shitload of uppers. The guys that are sitting in their office, bitching about deals gone bad and schlong schlepping a rich market of rifle customers are going to look around wishing they had not been sitting with their thumb up their ass.

It is going to be funny. (to me, anyway)
Me too.
 

CReid

Well-known member
FALaholic #
5503
Joined
Feb 6, 2002
Posts
87
Location
NC
Feedback: 1 / 0 / 0
Vaporware

Thats what we called it in the software industry. Lotsa promises. Neither the ability nor the desire to deliver the project.

Im starting to think it would almost be worth it to start a reciever manufacturing bus. Despite the hype once you have the process worked out for one the rest are gravy... (its called CNC.. mass production.. orf apparently hasnt heard of it).

I wonder if you have to pay a per-reciever fee to the batf.. hmm
 

Captain Phil

Well-known member
FALaholic #
19410
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Posts
388
Location
Southern California
Feedback: 5 / 0 / 0
Actually, I would argue they HAVE. Todd said we have no FAL receivers cause they were too busy making something else, mass producing them with those lovely CNC machines he showed us.

So it is not an ability issue, but a priority issue. Apparently, we are NOT one.

Therefore, I am saving extra $$ to get a DSA in the short term, then if ORF calls in 2 - 3 months/years, then I will pick that one up too.
 

Merl

Well-known member
FALaholic #
17774
Joined
Jul 15, 2005
Posts
366
Location
Colorado
Feedback: 4 / 0 / 0
hard to argue with the priority though. have a guaranteed order for 10K (?) receivers or for however many you can happen to sell...

hopefully that order finishes and we get our time on the machines. until then there are other options if in a hurry.
 

NHBandit

Well-known member
FALaholic #
7986
Joined
Nov 16, 2002
Posts
4,036
Location
East Tennessee
Feedback: 117 / 0 / 0
A little bit of honesty on when these might actually become a reality would be the right thing to do. They do read this board frequently and they know very well that alot of guys are frustrated with their total silence. Of course honesty and doing the right thing isn't one of their strong points.... Buy a DSA if you want a reciever in this lifetime..
 

mojo_matic

banned - trolling marketplace
FALaholic #
12363
Joined
Nov 10, 2003
Posts
3,240
Location
New Carlisle, IN
Feedback: 160 / 2 / 0
Bumping this up with "speculation"...

Rapid Fire has been manufacturing receivers for Century, which put the FAL receiver on the backburner.... Hmmm, for what could that contract be? My guess, the receivers are for the Century Galils that are now on the market.

If so, such a contract would be a one time shot (for the galils). If the contract goes well for Rapid Fire on current contract, this could lead to other large volume contracts with Century (and more $$$ for more advanced tooling ect...which might be helpful in producing a nice type I and II receiver). Wouldn't we all love to see higher quality products from Century? ORF is proving be a good place to start (if they are indeed producing receivers for the Century galil rifles)....

Obviously, the need for FAL receivers is not going to go away anytime soon...

I read all this pissing and moaning stating that Ohio Rapid Fire doesn't the poor FALfilers ect... Get a life. ORF has to do what is best for the growth of their business. I seriously doubt that ORF has forgotten about the 1000s of FAL kits stashed in closets and garages (and in hands of vendors...I doubt that all vendors have dumped their ENTIRE inventories of FAL kits). There is a ton of money to made here, and ORF appears to have the resources to make it. If there were other projects placed ahead of the FAL receivers, there is a logical reason. Why is that so difficult to understand?

I've ordered my receivers. If they don't pan out, no big deal...my credit card isn't charged.
 

d7cook

Well-known member
FALaholic #
9033
Joined
Jan 23, 2003
Posts
227
Location
Ohhhh High Ohhhhh
Feedback: 18 / 0 / 0
I believe most of the moaning is because ORF stated they hoped for a July/August 2006 delivery date. It's almost June 2007 and they are totally tight lipped. No sorry's, no explanation, no nothing. Being lied to leaves a bitter taste not soon forgotten.

mojo_matic said:
Bumping this up with "speculation"...

I read all this pissing and moaning .....
 

FAL freek

Well-known member
FALaholic #
10400
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Posts
7,645
Location
TN
Feedback: 51 / 0 / 0
mojo_matic said:
I read all this pissing and moaning stating that Ohio Rapid Fire doesn't the poor FALfilers ect... Get a life. ORF has to do what is best for the growth of their business. I seriously doubt that ORF has forgotten about the 1000s of FAL kits stashed in closets and garages (and in hands of vendors...I doubt that all vendors have dumped their ENTIRE inventories of FAL kits). There is a ton of money to made here, and ORF appears to have the resources to make it. If there were other projects placed ahead of the FAL receivers, there is a logical reason. Why is that so difficult to understand?
Not trying to start a flame war here but if you say you're going to do something and a year has passed and a customer is still waiting on a product wouldn't that be considered lying to them? I and someone else got blasted for flaming when we asked when the FAL receivers were coming when ORF posted grenade launching receivers for sale in the market place. If your theory holds correct I seriously doubt a couple hundred 40 m.m. receivers will bring in as much revenue as a few thousand FAL receivers. It's not so much a "Get a life" as it is for people who have been waiting to do a build with a correct type 3 receiver. And as said earlier there has been no explination.
 

762x51

Well-known member
FALaholic #
6085
Joined
Apr 8, 2002
Posts
163
Location
NC
Feedback: 12 / 0 / 0
I have watched this thread from it's beginning and have kept my thoughts to myself until now but maybe it's time to bring them into the open.

Let me make a comment to those of you that have made negative comments about ORF and those of you that have accused ORF of being less than honest with the board.

ORF's biggest mistake was letting you guys know what their future plans were.....Period.

There wasn't any intent to lie, they just wanted you guys to know that they were going to try to bring you a well made receiver at a much lower cost than what was on the market at the time. Little did they know that shortly after starting the project that their shop would be swamped with a large order for a different receiver.

All of their production capacity was tied up making these receivers and there was no excess capacity left for the FAL project.

Couple that with the fact that the FAL receiver is a VERY complex machining requiring a number of special tools and fixtures that had to be made in their SPARE time, when they had some SPARE time.

I seriously doubt that with few exceptions any of you mud slingers have any idea of what it takes to prepare to produce anything much less something as complex as the FAL receiver.

If I were Todd over at ORF, I wouldn't tell you anything at all about plans for future products or the current status of any product that is in development. Why should he want to open himself and his company to the pissing and moaning that's been going on here.

And yes, I do the current status of the ORF FAL receiver project but if you think that I'm going to discuss it here then you're sadly mistaken.

Regards,
Orin
 

NHBandit

Well-known member
FALaholic #
7986
Joined
Nov 16, 2002
Posts
4,036
Location
East Tennessee
Feedback: 117 / 0 / 0
762x51 said:
And yes, I do the current status of the ORF FAL receiver project but if you think that I'm going to discuss it here then you're sadly mistaken.

Regards,
Orin
Makes alot of sense to me Orin... Why give any info to the members of the FAL files about when we might see these FAL recievers.... We're only the huge majority of the customers who would be buying them and have been waiting for a year for something we were told would be coming in a month or 2. We're the people who maybe bought parts kits, US compliance parts, etc in anticipation of these promissed recievers.... Hell at one point we were even shown a picture of a hunk of steel and told there would be finished recievers in a week or 2 for testing.. People pre-ordered and sent in their CC info. ORF has posted here off and on with other products for sale since then. Why is it too much to ask for an update from time to time considering the big deal they made about it in the beginning.....
 

NHBandit

Well-known member
FALaholic #
7986
Joined
Nov 16, 2002
Posts
4,036
Location
East Tennessee
Feedback: 117 / 0 / 0
Rapid Fire said:
Holy smokes batman! You guys have already bought up batch 1, and now I gotta sch another batch! WOW! Guess you did need them. Ok lets get some qs answered. FFLs can be sent anytime, warranty is same on recs as any ORF mfg item 1 year. There will be type 1s and 2s to follow and a run of inch receivers, but we need to get the t3s done first.

Todd@ORF
Need I say more......:rolleyes: ALL those people who "bought up batch 1" have been waiting a freakin YEAR.. Don't they deserve more than total silence ?
 

LtRiker

Well-known member
FALaholic #
8652
Joined
Dec 31, 2002
Posts
450
Location
Wichita Falls, TX
Feedback: 17 / 0 / 1
so, who else has gotten one of these CAI Galils?


I just talked to a buddy who got his Friday, went out to shoot Sat, and says it will NOT function for shit. fail to feed, fire, eject...all in the same mag...he says he fired less than 200 rd after 2 hours...gave up and went home....called me to see if he could bring it over to look over and try to fix it...if it cannot be made workable in less than an hour, he plans to dump it at the next gun show.

so, who has a good one?

why did I post this? I am wondering if the FAL receviers will be as bad as the Galil receivers...
 
Last edited:

FAL freek

Well-known member
FALaholic #
10400
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Posts
7,645
Location
TN
Feedback: 51 / 0 / 0
762x51 said:
Let me make a comment to those of you that have made negative comments about ORF and those of you that have accused ORF of being less than honest with the board.

ORF's biggest mistake was letting you guys know what their future plans were.....Period.

There wasn't any intent to lie, they just wanted you guys to know that they were going to try to bring you a well made receiver at a much lower cost than what was on the market at the time. Little did they know that shortly after starting the project that their shop would be swamped with a large order for a different receiver.

All of their production capacity was tied up making these receivers and there was no excess capacity left for the FAL project.

Couple that with the fact that the FAL receiver is a VERY complex machining requiring a number of special tools and fixtures that had to be made in their SPARE time, when they had some SPARE time.

I seriously doubt that with few exceptions any of you mud slingers have any idea of what it takes to prepare to produce anything much less something as complex as the FAL receiver.

If I were Todd over at ORF, I wouldn't tell you anything at all about plans for future products or the current status of any product that is in development. Why should he want to open himself and his company to the pissing and moaning that's been going on here.

And yes, I do the current status of the ORF FAL receiver project but if you think that I'm going to discuss it here then you're sadly mistaken.

Just curious as to which type of inserts they use . Kennemetal, SPK, Seko maybe?:wink:

I'm not trolling here but the way I have read the comments it seems that the majority of people here are just asking for a status report in the least. ORF did post awhile back that there would be more pictures to follow but none have turned up. On several occasions people have asked for the status of the project but not a single reply has been made. What's the big deal with people asking a question?
 
Status
Top