• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Would a state government MVD have an issue with

Pluribus

Testudo Sicario & Mediocris Albus Diaboli
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I may be wrong as I have been in the past but, I believe you can use a PO Box for an address. Investigate that route if it’s possible.

HHollow

FALaholic #
What do homeless folk do? I would hope you would be afforded equal privilege, as a property owner.

Out here in rural America it is common for the mailing address to not be the same as the residence address. Uncle Sam does this well but UPS and FedEx are confused.

HHollow

FALaholic #
Many folks from commie states get montana ownership locations for their expensive toys. Planes, boats, supercars, etc. It is legal so long as an LLC located in-state is the actual owner. There are law forms that set this up. For cars and boats I know that a one time fee can be paid and there are no yearly license (tax) charges. Of course the vehicle can leave the state.

Not a cheap charlie solution for you. But mostly used by limo libs.

jdowney

FALaholic #
It varies by state I bet.

Where I live, there are a lot of rural residences without postal delivery. You use your power bill and any other proof of location (like water bill if not on a well, or property insurance bill) and provide the PO box as a mailing address. NM seems to require a physical address for ID and will then use the PO box as a contact address if there is no mail delivery to the physical.

Easiest thing to do is look on the DMV's website or call them up and ask. They'll know the answers when all of us here can only speculate based on our own experiences in our own states.