• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

WHATS THE BEST FAL RECEIVER OPTION TODAY?

otis61

Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Allow me to address these two issues for the readership less they not be misunderstood or was not addresses in the past.

1. DSA at the time acknowledge the error and stated a new employee mixed the domestic made magazine floor plates with a foreign brand and stamped them all US made. DSA was willing to replace the foreign floor plates stamped by mistake and exchange them for a US made floor plates.
Wrong. It wasn't just floor plates. Also fire control groups.

brunop

Refresh Key Masher
Staff member
Platinum Contributor
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Allow me to address these two issues for the readership less they not be misunderstood or was not addresses in the past.

"1. US parts advertised for 922 compliance were, in fact, Steyr parts sanded - ironically sanded so DSA-shitty that a retard could find the half-oval Austrian proof marks - and called "US Manufacture", and

2. DSA receivers being out of spec, so they screwed up the DSA barrels so they would 'time' - problem being that if you bought a DSA barrel to go in a correct receiver, they'd overtime and have to take a washer like an Inch-pattern gun."

1. DSA at the time acknowledge the error and stated a new employee mixed the domestic made magazine floor plates with a foreign brand and stamped them all US made. DSA was willing to replace the foreign floor plates stamped by mistake and exchange them for a US made floor plates.

2. Which serial range of DSA receivers were out of spec during the barrel situation and were the receivers marked DS or DSA?
As I recall the conversation here there was speculation about the DSA barrels were purposely manufactured only to be timed on DSA receivers and not to be times on other receivers. DSA was willing to replace or refund any unacceptable barrels. There was never an our of spec receiver related to the manufactured barrels. This was about 10 years ago?
Allow me to address this response for anyone who doesn't know what a "Limited Hangout" is:

When you state that DSA admitted to the problem, offered to replace, and then cite "floor plates" as the thing I'm addressing, you are either:

a) accidentally wrong, in which case you don't know what you're talking about, or

b) you are intentionally misinforming people by admitting to a smaller and somewhat less important problem (floor plates which can be explained away by one new employee...) when the actual problem was them sanding hundreds and hundreds of hammers, triggers, and sears - along with other parts - and selling them as US manufacture and therefore "922 Compliant" when, in fact, they were not.

In case you don't know what that is, that's called Lying to Your Customers. You either don't like lying because "lying", or you do it often enough that you excuse it in others because it's normalized in your head.

This is what Otis61 is saying when he says:

c) you're wrong, and

d) you're more than enough entertainment in your own right.

DakTo

MadMinuteDude
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Allow me to address this response for anyone who doesn't know what a "Limited Hangout" is:

When you state that DSA admitted to the problem, offered to replace, and then cite "floor plates" as the thing I'm addressing, you are either:

a) accidentally wrong, in which case you don't know what you're talking about, or

b) you are intentionally misinforming people by admitting to a smaller and somewhat less important problem (floor plates which can be explained away by one new employee...) when the actual problem was them sanding hundreds and hundreds of hammers, triggers, and sears - along with other parts - and selling them as US manufacture and therefore "922 Compliant" when, in fact, they were not.

In case you don't know what that is, that's called Lying to Your Customers. You either don't like lying because "lying", or you do it often enough that you excuse it in others because it's normalized in your head.

This is what Otis61 is saying when he says:

c) you're wrong, and

d) you're more than enough entertainment in your own right.
There was also a DSA floor plate issue which some of you hyped as as bogus and which could not quantify. DSA made their statement of replacing or refunding dissatisfied customer's parts and if you cannot accept that it is your and others prerogative not to purchase anything from DSA. However, I fail to see why a few members continue to spread discontent here towards DSA for a few errors over the 35 years of good service. What is there to really gain other than a deliberate attempt to sabotage their name and good will.
As a moderator and staff you should know better to allow this type of discourse to continue.

DakTo

MadMinuteDude
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Same shit, different day.
This is the kind of thing that Mark hammers on every chance he gets, the consistent and continuous lies. Like Russian collusion.
Soon Dak will be along to defend his stance, insult those in disagreement, and call people names.
Same shit, different day.

Some days I feel bad for Dak, wonder if his mind is slipping. Other days I'm sure he's trolling. Idk.
Some things I'll say about him, his collection is superb, he's willing to help members from time to time, and he's a contributor to the Files. A bonus is his entertainment value, I suppose. But incorrect information does only a disservice to the community and that about cancels the good he's worth.
What you need to realize is disagreeing is not trolling which is exactly what you continue to do every time I engage in a conversation with another member. You continue to butt in for some reason or is it perhaps just a personal agenda? You seem to have a habit of doing so when no one has asked your opinion.
Thank you for your latter and kinder words.

brunop

Refresh Key Masher
Staff member
Platinum Contributor
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Dak -

I haven't participated much in the DSA-bashing - though they deserve whatever they get. I have purchased DSA receivers (LMT receivers with 'DS' pre-fixes...), and I have even purchased a complete rifle - which didn't run, BTW.

Here's the thing: I'll let people state whatever facts they want - it's a free country still. I'll also state things that actually happened to me because they actually happened:

1. rifle I purchased didn't run. Had to fix it myself. Mix-and-match parts grab including bolt carrier didn't cycle with their (DSA's) Para Scope Mount top cover.

2. parts I purchased as "US Parts" and "922 Compliant" were clearly stamped with Austrian proof ovals

floor plates, out-of-spec receivers, jacked up barrel shoulders, etc. are just many other examples of their suck. It isn't "sabotage[ing]" their good name - they managed to do that all by themselves.

If they've gotten better, that's great. Maybe I'll spend more money there when I can't find it anywhere else. I don't owe them anything because they didn't own up to their bad behavior on multiple fronts.

But I'm just talking about DSA. As for you, I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas.

Trypcil

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Roll the dice, have a go - dsa, ain't as bad as you might think - the good reports aren't good news - plus they warranty, their stuff!

DakTo

MadMinuteDude
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Dak. I hope 2021 is much more kind to you and all of us.
Copy that and I certainly understand the slowdown (and shutdowns) in the job market and how it has financially affected perhaps a good number of our members. Our personal social and political lives have tanked to a degree and some of us old-timers had to sell off our collections a couple of times over the years to survive past recessions, market collapses to float our business.
We can only weather the storm, soldier on and make our loved ones our top priority.

brunop

Refresh Key Masher
Staff member
Platinum Contributor
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
None?

I think they were competing for repair and/or spare parts + magazines.

I said, "African contracts" and "... plus Brazil & Chile..." - which were still fielding the FAL rifles AFAIK.