• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

WHATS THE BEST FAL RECEIVER OPTION TODAY?

unwanted

FALaholic #
Was the SAR-4800 on one of the auction sites? I was watching a couple, and let one get away. A couple of others went for more than I wanted to pay. Thanks

Nehalem Man

FALaholic #
Still, where else are you going to find a 100% Imbel by Imbel? I paid $2200 for mine in unfired condition and thought that was a slightly crazy price to pay when I did it. I feel a little better now after seeing some of the used models go for more

-E-

lockjaw

Contributor
FALaholic #
Did you just sell a really nice STG-58 on GB?

-E-
I did... .01 opening bid, no reserve, and yet again selling price exceeded my expectations. Spent 45 minutes on the phone with the buyer, awesome guy! I was wasn't thrilled with selling the rifle, but it is panning out to be one of my more favorable transactions, and have the cash to build our BMX bikes in preparation for next season, and have cash left over for my chiropractor deductibles (ha!).

unwanted

FALaholic #
An 18", SAR-48, or SAR 4800 would be my first choice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. In the meantime, I will gratefully accept any and all donations to my FAL fund. ;)
Thank you all :)

MarquetteD

FALaholic #
Thanks for the information guys, first of all FUCK DSA! they just.... they just suck. upon your recommendation I got one of Parsi's Imbel receivers off of gun broker! expensive as hell, but worth it my dudes. the Receiver is almost to my FFL will be here Friday. ill post a pic of my receiver and ill update you as my build goes along.

Thanks FAL bros.

lockjaw

Contributor
FALaholic #
Thanks for the information guys, first of all FUCK DSA! they just.... they just suck. upon your recommendation I got one of Parsi's Imbel receivers off of gun broker! expensive as hell, but worth it my dudes. the Receiver is almost to my FFL will be here Friday. ill post a pic of my receiver and ill update you as my build goes along.

Thanks FAL bros.
Yeah “Bro,” DSA sucks so bad that they have routinely sold out, with repeat buyers, since DSA has gotten their shit back together. I have found their customer service to be solid as well. How many DSA receivers have purchased and built on in the past year... or ever?

Anyway, good luck with your Imbel on Imbel build. They are receivers, and be found for reasonable prices with a little patience.

MarquetteD

FALaholic #
Yeah “Bro,” DSA sucks so bad that they have routinely sold out, with repeat buyers, since DSA has gotten their shit back together. I have found their customer service to be solid as well. How many DSA receivers have purchased and built on in the past year... or ever?

Anyway, good luck with your Imbel on Imbel build. They are receivers, and be found for reasonable prices with a little patience.
to each their own. I had poor customer service with DSA and the only receiver available is a cast receiver. (might as well make it out of styrofoam). didn't mean to hit a nerve buddy but I don't care. I own an imbel receiver :)

lockjaw

Contributor
FALaholic #
to each their own. I had poor customer service with DSA and the only receiver available is a cast receiver. (might as well make it out of styrofoam). didn't mean to hit a nerve buddy but I don't care. I own an imbel receiver :)
“Might as well be made out of styrofoam”

Go get ‘em killer. 🤪

BamaMike

FALaholic #
We've kicked the sale of consecutive number receivers around for a couple of years here some feel the consecutive numbers on non-matching parts kits are negligable in terms of paying a premium for them. Consecutive numbered factory firearms may be different in perceived value for the consumer unless they are split up than the value is no greater than the purchase of a single factory firearm.
I tried contacting Pars a few months ago as well and never heard back unfortunately. Was going to do an imbel on imbel build as well. I've since been lucky enough to pick up a sar4800 locally for a good price.
I remember, you were part of Enterprise receiver group buy years ago, Brasshound i believe, disappeared. Can I ask where you shoot around here? I am in viera, east (slum side).... LOL

DakTo

MadMinuteDude
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I remember, you were part of Enterprise receiver group buy years ago, Brasshound i believe, disappeared. Can I ask where you shoot around here? I am in viera, east (slum side).... LOL
I remember the Entreprise BGS type 1 receivers with custom serial numbers. They cut the ramps too low and had to reweld them to the correct height. Mine functions perfectly. I usually shoot at the Indian River County outdoor range.
I see member DynoMike at the Vero Beach gun show once in a while. He sells FAL parts among other types of parts. I understand Viera is an older community and I have never been there. The Viera roads signs on US Rt 95 look great. (y) (In each direction)

Last edited:

DakTo

MadMinuteDude
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #

Thanks FAL bros.
I love someone who builds a critique like a sandwich. Two positive slices of bread and negative bullshit in the middle. :mad:
I suppose the FN receivers on their 50.00 Steyr imports which were cast and shit also? Do some research on the improvements of current casting verses casting of the 1970s.

BamaMike

FALaholic #
I remember the Entreprise BGS type 1 receivers with custom serial numbers. They cut the ramps too low and had to reweld them to the correct height. Mine functions perfectly. I usually shoot at the Indian River County outdoor range.
I see member DynoMike at the Vero Beach gun show once in a while. He sells FAL parts among other types of parts. I understand Viera is an older community and I have never been there. The Viera roads signs on US Rt 95 look great. (y) (In each direction)

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Do some research on the improvements of current casting verses casting of the 1970s.
This is fact. DSA has had some QC issues in machining through the years (which went on far too long) but I have never seen or heard of an issue with a cast receiver because it was a casting. Is cast versus forged a 40,000 round versus a 60,000 round receiver? IDK. 99% of owners will never know either.

lockjaw

Contributor
FALaholic #
This is fact. DSA has had some QC issues in machining through the years (which went on far too long) but I have never seen or heard of an issue with a cast receiver because it was a casting. Is cast versus forged a 40,000 round versus a 60,000 round receiver? IDK. 99% of owners will never know either.
Hell, I seriously doubt that 1% of fal owners would ever come close to shooting out a barrel, let alone shooting an FAL receiver enough to observe structural failure.

DakTo

MadMinuteDude
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
In rereading the OPs question it appears his concern is availability. That is my assumption.
The options are price where an imported IMBEL will be at the higher end and will go higher on the secondary resale market due to demand. Also as seen is one of the original importers continuing to bump his prices on GB or by customer contact as the demand for receivers continues with the availability of IMBEL parts kits & parts which are the most common on the market at this time.

DSA receivers are on the lower price end versus IMBEL imports and divided into 2 classes of receivers: Highend standard forged & novelty identified manufactured receivers and the lower priced cast receivers. I hear forged receivers are more expensive to manufacture because of the cost of material and the shorter life of cutters where cast is less expensive to manufacture.
I don't remember DSA publicly making those claims on their website and I think those claims have come more from some of the membership who are proficient in metals and machining processes, and would surmise the differential in manufacturing cost. Something that DSA would pick up on to create a price difference in their products?

I do believe the end game is the IMBEL receivers will reach a plateau of $1000+ which will likely eliminate us blue collar builders as a completed IMBEL built FAL will likely resale only at a financial breakeven point.
DSA on the other hand, I surmise will keep their prices in check as long as they seemingly abate their manufacturing process and sell in annual volume. I must applaud DSA for their business and marketing prowess in coming up with the Israeli receivers, parts kits and manufactures barrels to keep the enjoyment of FAL building alive. Kudos also to APEX for their past BGS, G1 and Israeli kits which were well received.