• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

What is everyone on here carrying these days?

VALMET

M62/76
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Since it’s wintertime and easier to OWB carry for the past few weeks I’ve been ccw’ing an early S&W Model 60 in a Fobus paddle. I’m not big on “changing up” my ccw much, but do occasionally carry a J-frame instead of my Glock 43.

brunop

Refresh Key Masher
Staff member
Platinum Contributor
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Winter = multiple layers. I'm carrying a full-sized Walther PDP w/ red dot IWB / Mexican... which I've been doing since I was 18.

It prints if I'm wearing a snug t-shirt, but there's no problem with a sweatshirt and jacket over the top. I put my cell phone in the right jacket pocket so that it 'blocks' the print.

wallet = front left
folder blade & bic lighter = front right
phone = back right - if not in front jacket pocket
keys = back left

Not fancy... just EDC for a super-low-crime area. Gun because I've got friends, co-workers, and family that have been robbed and / or shot. Like my old man used to say: We should be prepared for low likelihood events with high cost outcomes.

That seems like a good idea. I've been glad on three occasions in the past 40 years that I had a knife and / or a gun. Probably not stopping now.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Huh?
👂👂!
Speak up?

Seriously, Mrs OMC ran 5 rounds of old school Remington 158 JHPs through my new (old) Blackhawk and then casually remarked that she had forgot her hearing protection!? I cannot do that crap anymore at ALL!

Mama is near deaf, so just turns off her aids, but I remind her to wear hearing protection, even though the damage is long past done.

bubbagump

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Mama is near deaf, so just turns off her aids, but I remind her to wear hearing protection, even though the damage is long past done.
Mine is getting that way. Been around gunfire all my life, only started using hearing protection in the late '90s. High speed turbines (aviation and steam) and playing rock n roll since the early '70s and she's the one going deaf ...

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Mine is getting that way. Been around gunfire all my life, only started using hearing protection in the late '90s. High speed turbines (aviation and steam) and playing rock n roll since the early '70s and she's the one going deaf ...

Mine began ringing,,,,after falling asleep beside an M60 machine gun emplacement,,,a constant reminder to this day, don't ever fall asleep beside an M60 machine gun emplacement. ;)

My high frequency like all folks with my back ground is gone,,,,but mama lost her low frequency, so we balance each other out.
I tell her when thunder is around, she tells me everything, twice!:)LOL

SmokeEater2

Contributor
FALaholic #
Lately in a nod to the reality of my aging back and knees I've been carrying a little Colt Defender .45 lightweight and it definitely makes a difference for me.

This little pistol has surprised me with how little recoil it has for it's size. It seems to be a bit softer shooting than a .45 lightweight Commander which I can only guess is due to the double recoil spring system.

Reliable too. I had one failure to completely chamber a round in the second mag I fired and that's it. I'm a bit over 300 rounds of FMJ, Silver Tip and HST ammo and it chugs right along without a glitch.