• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Wait Time For Form 4 E-File

L Haney

Seriously Ponderin'
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I asked at a local gunshop last week as a customer was getting his suppressor out of jail. He had done a paper Form 4 and his took 13 months. The shop owner told me the E-Forms are returning in ~120 days. I assume those are calendar days.

L Haney

Seriously Ponderin'
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
IIRC, the ATF people doing NFA stuff are divided up by geographical area. One dealer I used in the past mentioned the ATF person by name and said they had a good working relationship and could check the status of filings to make sure there wasn't any unusual holdup with a particular (paper) filing. I have no idea if the E-Filings work in a similar manner.

Sampson1986

Renegade
Contributor
FALaholic #
So do they work 7 days a week? I recall seeing an email mentioning that they are processing 7 days a week. Wonder it thats true?
Straight from the horse's ass:

ATF is currently applying additional overtime resources and providing an increased level of effort to the research and perfection of pipeline applications. ATF will continue to surge application processing 7 days a week.

Only the government could work seven days a week and not do shit.

Nonya

FALaholic #
E-Form (Form 4) submitted on 09 Mar 22, approved notification email received 21 Oct 22 (227 days). Still waiting local law enforcement notification/approval.