• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

TYPE I Receiver Group Buy...

jimbeam

FALaholic #
IRONWORKER said:
WTF? - More of that famous Enterprise QC :rolleyes:

Why not inspect the receivers BEFORE they are shipped instead of waiting until they are returned for repair??
Better yet. I asked them to confirm that I was getting a para cut receiver and they said yes but it would take a few more days. EDIT (It appears that there is a shallow para cut, but not enought to install the cover)Some shipping paperwork like a Bill of Sale or invoice would have been nice too.

Email sent and voice mail left. I am generally an easy going person but this group buy is pushing me to my limits.

Last edited:

jimbeam

FALaholic #
harleyrider said:
BTW Jim, did your receiver go through Brasshound?

HR
No. Entreprise called me and asked for my FFL's information. I am not sure why they weren't dealing through Brasshound. They may have been responding to the email I sent directly to their site when no one was answering my questions in this thread.

Last edited:

jimbeam

FALaholic #
I am suppose to send the receiver in with the barrel and they will install it. Anyone think it is a bad idea to use the current receiver with those threads missing.

CTW

Contributor
FALaholic #
jimbeam said:
I am suppose to send the receiver in with the barrel and they will install it. Anyone think it is a bad idea to use the current receiver with those threads missing.
Hell it might be a bad idea to send anything to enterprise. Just sayin!

IRONWORKER

FALaholic #
jimbeam said:

They just didn't finish machining the threads.......... FAL receivers have relief cut (interrupted threads?) barrel threads.........

Personally i would DEMAND (in a nice way!) that they fix your receiver & build it yourself or hire it done....... If you send it to Enterprise they'll just get a BIG wrench & screw it together :rolleyes:

The barrel threads need to be properly cut before it's barreled

jimbeam

FALaholic #
IRONWORKER said:

They just didn't finish machining the threads.......... FAL receivers have relief cut (interrupted threads?) barrel threads.........

Personally i would DEMAND (in a nice way!) that they fix your receiver & build it yourself or hire it done....... If you send it to Enterprise they'll just get a BIG wrench & screw it together :rolleyes:

The barrel threads need to be properly cut before it's barreled
I was concerned about them just wrenching the barrel into the receiver. I am also pissed that they assumed I was going to pay shipping. I have asked for a new receiver or a refund. If threads can be salavaged and the other issues fixed maybe fixing this receiver is an option. At least it doesn't have any welds.

one hand clapping

FALaholic #
DAMN !!! Damn !! Damn some more
I feel for you guys. I got as far as sending brasshound info for two custom engraved units, WOW am I ever glad I opted for Pat's group buy on the imbels instead. I still had to wait for almost three mo BUT-- Factory imbels WILL build with out much WESOG.
I really wanted a bgs and a inch cut BUT I had read SO much bout poor customer service and quality control.
I hope whoever owns enterprise gets back from vacation soon -- it sounds like occasionaly they put out a really NICE receiver . If only it could happen more than 20% of the time --
somebody drop me a line if they EVER get their issues worked out.
OR if they have a "going out of biz sale"

OHC

IRONWORKER

FALaholic #
jimbeam said:

I was concerned about them just wrenching the barrel into the receiver. I am also pissed that they assumed I was going to pay shipping. I have asked for a new receiver or a refund. If threads can be salavaged and the other issues fixed maybe fixing this receiver is an option. At least it doesn't have any welds.

Good for you Jim, you did the right thing........... Make them fcukers replace it, they've made a mint off this GB & NONE of us deserve anything but a 1st class receiver........

From my Experiences with Enterprise they WILL make it right........ my BGS rec was the shittiest fal rec I've ever seen, they replaced it with a VERY nice one - my 1A1 rec was a total turd, they replaced it with one of the nicest commerical rec i have........... I think they try to pass JUNK off on everyone & roll the dice that the buyer will not notice

One things for sure I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ENTERPRISE RECEIVER :mad: :mad: :mad:

jimbeam

FALaholic #
IRONWORKER said:

Good for you Jim, you did the right thing........... Make them fcukers replace it, they've made a mint off this GB & NONE of us deserve anything but a 1st class receiver........

From my Experiences with Enterprise they WILL make it right........ my BGS rec was the shittiest fal rec I've ever seen, they replaced it with a VERY nice one - my 1A1 rec was a total turd, they replaced it with one of the nicest commerical rec i have........... I think they try to pass JUNK off on everyone & roll the dice that the buyer will not notice

One things for sure I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ENTERPRISE RECEIVER :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now I just need them to respond to my emails or voice mail.

jimbeam

FALaholic #
IRONWORKER said:

Good luck
Holy cow after a few calls and emails I spoke to Albert who issued a RA number and seems to understand what the problems are with this receiver. I am sending the barrel and top cover for them to check the para cut and barrel timing. I have requested that they DO NOT install the barrel.

I am sending a letter with photos outlining the issues, I hope this works out.

palmettomoon

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Look at adam762's post on the FN forum. Every barrel has a nice little tag with the owner's name on it. I'm sure he goes to great lengths to get everyone's property back to them. That's why I'll have no fear in sending him three kits and three new ARGY barrels.

I wouldn't send them to Entreprise on a 1000 to 1 bet that I'd get them back. A friend's father sent a rifle to them for some "corrective action" related to their crap receiver and they were going to rebuild it for him. He got a rifle back. But not one part on the returned rifle was on his orginal rifle. And if you think he got better parts on the return, think again. This happened in the early 2000's, so I'm sure they've got their collective QC act together by now. :rolleyes:

IRONWORKER

FALaholic #
If they were stealing parts when kits were $100 or so you can bet your ass a Cherry barrel wouldn't be safe now!! ;)

+1000 on adam762 - Sending him parts is like putting em' in your own safe - Also he told me to "Stay the fcuk away from Enterprise receivers" before i bought into all this - Next time he tells me something I'll damn sure listen :bow:

WWM

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I finally got my 3 from the group buy, my Indian is still lost in space. I quick visual inspection looked good, no weird machine marks, nice deep engraving, no welds, no porosity, ect. I'll test fit some parts early next week and let you guys know how it goes. I never thought it would take almost 8 months, oh well, live and learn.

harleyrider

Where’d I set my drink?
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
WWM said:
I finally got my 3 from the group buy, my Indian is still lost in space. I quick visual inspection looked good, no weird machine marks, nice deep engraving, no welds, no porosity, ect. I'll test fit some parts early next week and let you guys know how it goes. I never thought it would take almost 8 months, oh well, live and learn.
I think we all share those sentiments Bill!

Glad you got what appear to be decent receivers finally. I hope they check out fine and make some nice rifles. I know the one I have looks pretty damn good right now and since my blued, converted barrel will be back from Adam shortly, I'm really getting excited to get at least one of my BGS rifles completed.

HR

Wolfsburg1

FALaholic #
Yeah, I simply can't wait to get my barrel back from Adam. Looks great in the pics he posted. I do find myself being bit paranoid about my receiver. It looks great but I halfway expect my builder to find something critical that I missed. I noticed the other day a small "splotch" on the right side that could be a small welded area that I hadn't noticed before but my eyes may be playing tricks with me.

jimbeam

FALaholic #
palmettomoon said:
I hope you get at least your barrel back. I wouldn't count on getting that top cover back though. You are a braver man than me.
I am going to make it easy and label everything and document the condition via photographs.