• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

To P210 or Not

Colts4me

FALaholic #
I have thought very hard on buying a new 210 but Sigs policy of getting rid of models that don't sell has stopped me. When they stop production you won't be able to buy anything for the 210. I have a 239 and Sig offers no support even though it was popular.

At $1400 a gun I doubt many will sell so obviously they will discontinue the gun and parts in my opinion.

raubvogel

Contributor
FALaholic #

Colts4me

FALaholic #
Same boat, but don't want to handload for 9mm.
I load a lot of different handgun calibers and 9mm is a favorite. For years I used the factory duplication load using IMR 4756 for my subgun loads in competition. Sold the subguns but still love the 9mm.

Sig P210 was on the bucket list of 9mms but not now, I have had too much trouble buying sig magazines. Glock still makes magazines for guns built in the 80s, Sig doesn't support the public by building magazines for models canceled in 2018. Sigs magazines cost twice what a glock magazine does.

Colts4me

FALaholic #
^^^ Not a Glock guy.

Scarce mags don't scare me off.
Took over a year to amass 10 OEM S&W mags for M52.

No one ever made aftermarket mags for it...
Just pointing out the difference in the way companies run. Glock started in the 80s and you can still buy magazines for those guns. Sig built the 239 from 95 to 2018 and mags are no findem.

Smith 5 shot 38 special model 52 mags are pure gold, they quit making the 52 in 93.

Impala_Guy

FALaholic #
A Luger is a collectible, not really a practical pistol anymore. 10 years ago I bought a numbers matching 92-95% finish 1914 dated DWM with one matching mag for $1100. I wouldnt sell it for $2500 today. I have a 1916 DWM I only shoot because the mag is a mismatch, it has the Weimar era mag safety conversion which the NAZIs deleted and touched up the rust blueing when they added Bavarian police markings in the 1930s. There are some good Mec Gar mags that fix a lot of the problems that the original mags have, but the sights still suck.

Having shot Hagars 210A, I can confirm it is a very nice pistol. Its not as cheap as a Glock or Berretta 92F but the fit of the barrel to the locking surfaces is closer to a custom pistol like a Les Baer. I'd prefer the service grips over the target grips but thats just me. With the push button mag release its a better pistol than the old Swiss and German made ones with the heel release that people pay ridiculous amounts of moolah for.

If you want a high quality combat 9mm pistol get a CZ Shadow and be done with it :)

Last edited:

AKmoose

FALaholic #
I have a sig 239 that finding a magazine for is very difficult. I ended up buying the new 225 magazines as they lock into the 239 but the baseplate hangs low. If I bought a 210 then I would buy extra magazines right away because with Sig you never know when they will quit making magazines for your gun.

9mm 239 mags here: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/sig-sauer-p239/magazines.html You can shoot 9 out of the .357 Sig with just a barrel change, might not lock back on last shot but a 9mm recoil spring fixes that. .357 mags work just fine too.

Colts4me

FALaholic #
I bought a 210 and finally got it out for a test today. Took a Smith 3913 and a Sig 365 out too in order to compare my shooting.

P210 slick and smooth with a trigger that makes all the difference, it's sweet. Sandbag rest at 20 yards for all three guns and frankly the 210 is in a class all its own.

115 grain ammo in all three and shot slow fire to the best of my ability today. I had the coffee shakes but the longer sight radius on the 210 help me settle down some. It is without a doubt the most accurate 9mm I have ever shot. If you miss then its your fault.

365 was difficult to shoot accurately again but I am doing better with it every time. It gives me snub nose revolver size groups at 20 yards and the trigger kinda grows on you.

3913 was a good shooter and I wouldn't hesitate to carry it as the groups were better than the 365.

Good day at the range and it was crowded with every bay full of shooters.

LKY_13

Sig Sauer Me
Contributor
FALaholic #
I was going to buy a P210 target as the standard has been discontinued, but... decided to just buy more rounds for my M&P.

TenTea

Contributor
FALaholic #
Have not fired a Swiss original, but did an American 210 Target, recently.

I found it super smooth, comfortable and accurate with a nice trigger.
A nicer pistol than any plastic fantastic, for sure.