• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

This makes me sad

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
My $35 Tru-Glo red dot I bought for the wife's S&W MP15-22 several years ago, finally died. New ones are up to $45 these days. Grrrr :mad:

Honestly I don't recall ever needing to re-sight that little elCheapo bit of Chinese junk after literally thousands or rounds. Anyone from old, experienced marksman to 8 year old new shooters always have a smile on their face after banging a few plates with 22LR and that little red dot.

While I am generally a firm believer in quality glass and lean toward Leopold most of the time, for this particular 22 plinking purpose, that little Tru-Glo served me well. Time will tell if version 2.0 that I just ordered does the same.

TenTea

Contributor
FALaholic #
Hey now, just this afternoon I forbade wifey from ordering the latest model, whiz bang, skillet she admired because it was Made in China.
We found her a comparable, Made in USA for 1/3 the cost.
Not going to happen that way with optics, unfortunately.
Hope you get good service from the Tru-Glo and years of smiles. :giggle:

easttex

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Hey now, just this afternoon I forbade wifey from ordering the latest model, whiz bang, skillet she admired because it was Made in China.
We found her a comparable, Made in USA for 1/3 the cost.
Not going to happen that way with optics, unfortunately.
Hope you get good service from the Tru-Glo and years of smiles. :giggle:
So...what did you find? I'm curious.

This thread makes me feel like when I look at my peter these days.
It finally died, too?

TenTea

Contributor
FALaholic #
So...what did you find? I'm curious.
Funny you should ask...I was cursing Bezos.
The Oxo Good Grips Professional Series Skillets were billed as Made in USA, all over the interwebs.
Well, lol and behold, it arrives and is labeled Made in China.
As my departed friend used to say, "fuck me running" !
At least, wifey is pleased with the skillet, but to me it's tainted, lol.
I wanted to return it, but she wanted none of it.

easttex

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Funny you should ask...I was cursing Bezos.
The Oxo Good Grips Professional Series Skillets were billed as Made in USA, all over the interwebs.
Well, lol and behold, it arrives and is labeled Made in China.
As my departed friend used to say, "fuck me running" !
At least, wifey is pleased with the skillet, but to me it's tainted, lol.
I wanted to return it, but she wanted none of it.
That sucks. At least wifey is happy.

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Two-fold update.

Last Sunday I was teaching a class and the teenage grandsons showed up at the house wanting to shoot. They took my MP15-22 to my range and discovered for themselves the Tru-glo was not working. Seems that when I changed the battery, I did not take the plastic sheet off the battery face. It works now - DOH.

Regarding the new one, it was apparently deliver last week. Tracking number has a photo of it sitting on my back step in a small box, but we have not seen it. I suspect my dogs took it off someplace and I will find it around here somewhere one of the days - double DOH.

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I am very anti Chinese anything but when decided to add a red dot to every scoped rifle I owned bought a dozen $99 price point made in China red dots and a dozen more expensive Japanese, U.S. and Israeli made units and about four years since doing this all are still running.

Stuck the Chinese on rifles used in rough conditions and heavy recoil expecting them to come unglued after a few rounds (kind of wanted them to die) but even on my 300 RUM, other big magnums and MBRs none have died yet but didn't buy $29 to $49 units. Checking on where dots are made many of the U.S. assembled don't have 51% U.S. components to make the Made In America Act compliance requirements.

Sometimes a person has to settle for "assembled in USA from global materials" as it's at least employing an American or immigrant working in US for some of the work. I draw the line at rifle parts though, only widgets such as dots, rail adapters and some mounts (Burris PEPR) will find themselves on my rifles after removing the made in China label.