• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

THE GREAT TRAIN THREAD!!..

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Some pics I got last summer at Odair Wa. The building is the US Bureau of Reclamation transload facility. Heavy objects were brought in by rail and transferred to a huge lowboy for the final leg of the trip to Grand Coulee dam. There's two 100 ton bridge cranes inside.
The tracks to the left of the building used to go all the way to the dam before Banks Lake was filled.
ETA... This is Rattlesnake heaven.
View attachment 188001 View attachment 188002
Scored some pics of the interior of this building. I'll get them up in a bit.

Nathaniel01

FALaholic #
Wife wanted to see some nearby digs from my childhood, we went to Lancaster for her birthday last year. Got a beautiful quilt we can never use thanks to dog.
Rode the short line, don’t think it’s the same from when I used to visit my grandparents, but here it is... 0A29D2A0-6660-4954-806A-5E2116CEA3D7.jpeg 914ECD5B-5188-4399-A72D-EF165850E1E0.jpeg 736885B3-241F-44E3-B44B-45ECE3C58772.jpeg

KoKodog

FALaholic #
STEAM & STEEL: PHOTOGRAPHS BY O. WINSTON LINK

that photo was made famous in The Simpsons

I have a coffee table book "The Last Steam Railroad in America" w/ many photos that he shot at night and lots of daylight photos

Last edited:

KoKodog

FALaholic #
trains were very big here in my overall AO while I was growing up in the 60's even though the Pennsylvania RR had to merge w/ the Central RR, my Dad was furloughed from the PA RR in '64, its all now Norfolk Southern

go 20 miles south and on the west side of the river we had the great Enola yard, at one point in time it was the largest train yard in the world. And then there was the Shiremanstown yard which is now just a 5 track spur then come over to the east side of the river you had the Lucknow fueling yard on the north side of Harrisburg just north of the Farm show arena, then you can just slide down the rails to the Harrisburg repair yard and engine roundhouse just south of the Farm Show arena, then you go all the way out Derry Street to the Rutherford yard which is now a Intermodal freight yard (CONEX container transfer from rail to trailer undercarriage) and of course there is the Rockville bridge, my great-great grandfather was a stone mason that worked on building the bridge