• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Some CSA VZ-58 enthusiasts Patrol here ?

Laufer

FALaholic #
Those leather mag bags in reddish-brown are beautiful.

Aron82:
Did/does your VZ have the Czech plastic trigger?

My Czechpoint, bought nib in spring 2019 -- thank God, not 2020 ( 👺"Faucci Poison Dwarf" and BLM thug chaos) -- now has at least 3,300 rds. since nib; used ammo boxes are counted.

The trigger has always felt solid and really smooth. The only time plastic bugs me is when a gun's frame is made of plastic, ie my superb Walther P99 AS (would have loved metal).

Last edited:

aron82

FALaholic #
Laufer, it does and it bothers me, I bought an military one which is steel, but it wasn't drop in and I didn't mess with it further than that.
Should look at it again, or get the bonesteel trigger.

Laufer

FALaholic #
Aron82: I think I know what you mean. During my handgun interest (it didn't "take" anywhere near rifles) one was the superb S&W 3rd. Gen 908 (9mm), with its plastik trigger. Didn't feel quite as hard as the VZ trigger.

In the VZ is it easy to replace the plastic with a correct-spec metal trigger?

Curious whether a few other VZ parts need to be "herded like cats"🐅🐱.... to align with an axis pin or such (ie like on handgun hammer pins) ?

Last edited:

Laufer

FALaholic #
Update:

My Czechpoint Sporter now has 4,400 doumented rds. since it was nib in spring of 2019. I keep a piece of each used box, stapled or taped in groups of ten in a large baggy.
Zero issue, and the plastic trigger feels as solid as the day I bought it. Really Smooth pull and solid (it's not broke, so I'm not gonna 'fix ' it:)). 98% of the ammo has been with both Czech-made🇨🇿, polymer 30-rd. magazines; rugged.
Both mags, as well as the rifle, feel as rugged as the day I bought them.

Fwiw, I have luck hitting a 10" x 12" metal gong at 200 yards with the VZ's iron sights, and on most shots. Strange.

Despite the better sight distance on both imported FALs (both have Imbel uppers🇧🇷) and the PTR-91, I'm not having as much luck with them
on the 200 yard gong. Paradox.
A spotter is needed to describe which way the missed shots go, for better sighting-in.

Last edited:

K. Funk

Retired Metallurgist
Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
I have 2 made from kits. One was an accidental buy when I picked up a kit + receiver at an auction for about $150. No one knew what it was. It was a good buy, but not as good as my Krink kit for $120. I prefer the fixed stock over the folder. I am amazed at how smooth they run. I will get some pics up shortly.

krf

Laufer

FALaholic #
We were in Cesky Krumlov in late September, a small 'medieval' Czech town not very far north/northeast of Passau Germany.

A military surplus store is on the main street, and has a deact. VZ-58 outside the front door by some sort of camo gear (only when the shop is open).

Unrelated sidenote: After you own a rifle in the Czech Republic 🇨🇿 you can go through a routine process to acquire a Concealed Carry Permit. Thousands of their citizens carry handguns and the Czech Prime Minister consistently resists Euro Zone pressure to "fall into line"....to which she tells the Brussels burokrats to "Go stuff it"😠.....
An attorney whose main specialty is "Gun Legislation" in their Parliament, and helping the Czech govt fight Against the :devilish:EU's pressure to "cave in", has explained their gun laws on TheHighRoad.

We have PM'd each other a few times, and last September we would have gotten together in Cesky Krumlov-- but his pregnant wife👩‍🦱 was "due".

Last edited:

Laufer

FALaholic #
Semper4298: We should be glad that years ago so many AKM owners who have dozens of AK magazines found out (to their chagrin) that VZ parts & mags can't interchange.
😞

If magazines were the same, we would have paid a fair bit more for our VZs, never mind less availability also.
Many of these guys invested far too much in AKM mags for the "Pocky-Clips"....here after 1:28 ---- ."....but the first step...Defend The Fuel" . The words Pocky-Clips are from the next movie: "Mad Max Beyond ThunderDome".

Last edited:

Semper4298

FALaholic #
Tac-40:

Originally started with a Midwest Industries Gen II but based on the configuration of that rail mount, shell casings were bouncing back into the chamber thus jamming the rifle. Switched about three years ago to Czechpoint USA's (pictured here) High Optic Mount designed especially for red dot type scopes and have had zero issues. The mount does a great job holding zero and is relatively inexpensive, but very good quality. Czechpoint USA's part number is VZ 58-292R and cost is around $90-$95 plus shipping. Anything else please let me know and good luck on your search.
V/R,
Bill

Attachments: