• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

SIG 365 Question

Oliver24

FALaholic #
I’m interested in a 365 X macro with a thumb safety.

checked one out at the LGS, and found that while racking the slide to check the reset, that the slide seemed to lock up and needed quite a bit of force.
It did it prob 8 out of 10 times. The owner wasn’t sure if that was normal but thought maybe because of the manual safety?

Anyone else experience that?
Thx

meltblown

FJB
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Nope. I have a XL with the safety, which is the same as a macro except for the grip package. Never noticed what you are saying. I did not like the added bulk of the macro grip/frame.

Last edited:

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
When exactly is this occurring? I've never noticed such a thing with my own XL w/safety but I do note that if you pull the trigger, hold it, and pull the slide back it takes a little extra force to get it to unlock right at the very first. Not a problem.

Oliver24

FALaholic #
Thanks for the replies! Yeah, this was more than just a little extra force. As you said, it’s at the beginning of racking it . But it actually took a lot of force to rack it to reset with the trigger held back. I checked a couple other non-safety models and they weren’t like that. The store only had one with the safety.

I passed on it bc of that, it just didn’t feel right. I still want one just don’t want to have to send a new gun back to sig for service

badzero

FALaholic #
Most stores have more than the ones on display, and they usually don’t sell you the one everyone has finger fucked, so it you liked it you might try either another store or asking the salesman to see another one as this one seems to have issues. Also if they are out of them except for the display model the price can be negotiated as it’s been handled so much. At least that’s been my experience. Have a buddy that picked up a display model for 20% off of retail, but had to spend an hour cleaning the god know what out of it. Kinda looked like someone had tried to load a melted candy bar in it.