• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Shoulder holster recomendations please

TNAndy

Computer Geek
Contributor
FALaholic #

TNAndy

Computer Geek
Contributor
FALaholic #
Here are the leading candidates so far:

MASC... Based in Turkey. $140 Looks like all leather.

Ready Holster... Based in Utah $50 Doesn't appear to be leather (if that makes a difference).

Barsony... Based in Oregon $110 Major parts are leather; straps are not.

Falco... Based in Slovak Republic $100 - $171 Part to all leather depending on customization.

Craft... Based in Oregon $159 Looks like all leather.

Wouldn't leather last longer than woven straps?

Last edited:

Snake Bitten

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
:rofl: I just realized either Craft sells Falco holsters or they are the same company.
They have an option for faster shipping ($16) with tracking. Craft holsters reviews are good.

Note: My Armadillo Holsters (1911) jackass rig was made in Turkey, nice leather. The MASC rig looks nice.

Last edited:

KoKodog

FALaholic #
the sweetest shoulder rig I ever found is a DeSantis #85 horizontal carry for a 1911 under the left shoulder and double vertical mag pouch under the right shoulder

fully adjustable, the holster and mag pouch are finished smooth and the rest of the rig is suede to stay in place once you have it where you want it, the shoulder pieces are generously cut to provide that little extra stay in place mojo, no tie downs to the belt, it just hangs there and does not shift around, and I'm a big man and it fits me

pretty sure I bought this in the early 1980's

checked the DeSantis site and did not see it, you may be able to contact them and see if they can still make the model