• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Sarco L2A1 barrel

BriarJumper

FALaholic #
I ordered one for spares.
Their ad said “Excellent” condition. To be honest I wasn’t really expecting excellent but when else would I be able to pick up a spare at this price point.

finish: very little left, no rust just handling wear.

Came with bipod hanger which I also didn’t expect. Their ad shows a barrel with no hanger.

ME gauges 0 wear!!

TE gauges 0 wear!!

Rifling is clean and sharp!!!

just the slightest hint of rounding on one of the barrel flats

1963 Date code

Based solely on mine, if you have a C2 or L2 and want a spare it’s time to pounce. 😁

Surplus Excellent is definitely a fair appraisal (Bore)

There were 7 or 8 more when I ordered mine

Last edited:

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I bought one within a couple days of them listing. Called and placed order asking for them to please select me a nice one. Except for finish wear (not horrible, just not nice) the gas port is perfectly round with no erosion, muzzle threads perfect, rifling looks like it's never had a round down the bore with near perfect chamber and wonderful throat. My throat and muzzle were zeros on wear gauges and had the bipod hanger. I check their website weekly hoping something rare pops up. If remember correctly they had 100 when ordered my spare.

Back when milsurp metric mags were $7 and inch mags $20 to $25 asked them about inch tabs and was told they thought they had some and would look. Soon they posted them up and I bought fifty and placed warning on Files they had tabs and if we're still there inna couple weeks was buying all that remained. Others jumped in and as stated in two weeks bought the last 25 they had. Intention was to convert $7 milsurp metric mags to inch then metrics jumped to $20 and sitting on pile of tabs and metric mags wondering if worth the effort to modify as made a mega score on NOS inch mags still in cosmoline paper wrap and British issue boxes. Sarco has never let me down.