• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Sarco Argentine kit numbers

GS455

FALaholic #
So sorry to hear that Graham passed away......
I hope someone in or close to his family will responsibly be able to dispense with his collection the the greatest financial benefit of the household. OR is passed on to a family member that has interest. It wouldbe a shame if it all got soaked up by a pawn shop or estate manager.

omio

FALaholic #
Hello, I wasn't sure whether to make a new post or reply here but I got this half argentine fal recently and have done some research. The man I bought it from said it had been siting for decades, I wanted an Argentinian upper receiver so I bought it on impulse.

What I think I know for sure is it's on a L1A1 lower with an inch bolt and bolt carrier and the upper is a SAC import from the 90's with the import mark in the magwell. The serial number on the barrel matches the receiver and there is a small x looking mark at the bottom of the barrel under the handguards.

Where things get weird is the muzzle is threaded right hand twist and there is a small lip about an inch down from it. So am I correct in assuming someone cut and rethreaded the barrel then machined a lip to fit this L1A1 flash hider that looks to be cut down as well? The flash hider was not pinned just torqued down a little bit. Also the barrel measures about 20.5in from the crown to the end of the chamber.

I checked the list for the serial number and it says scotties-superstore for the upper only and the number is prefaced with C, not sure what this means. Could this not be a complete upper and built later? Thanks for any help and info, here is an imgur album of some pictures.

firedigger232

FALaholic #
I know this is a very old thread and IF it is out there is was probably built into someone's pride and joy but I'm looking for an Argentine Upper with the serial number 01696. Or, I would honestly take any Argentine Upper at this point if there's one out there available.

Sh3008

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Hello, I wasn't sure whether to make a new post or reply here but I got this half argentine fal recently and have done some research. The man I bought it from said it had been siting for decades, I wanted an Argentinian upper receiver so I bought it on impulse.

What I think I know for sure is it's on a L1A1 lower with an inch bolt and bolt carrier and the upper is a SAC import from the 90's with the import mark in the magwell. The serial number on the barrel matches the receiver and there is a small x looking mark at the bottom of the barrel under the handguards.

Where things get weird is the muzzle is threaded right hand twist and there is a small lip about an inch down from it. So am I correct in assuming someone cut and rethreaded the barrel then machined a lip to fit this L1A1 flash hider that looks to be cut down as well? The flash hider was not pinned just torqued down a little bit. Also the barrel measures about 20.5in from the crown to the end of the chamber.

I checked the list for the serial number and it says scotties-superstore for the upper only and the number is prefaced with C, not sure what this means. Could this not be a complete upper and built later? Thanks for any help and info, here is an imgur album of some pictures.
Hi, where is the list in this thread? Which page? I couldn’t find it yesterday

harleyrider

Where’d I set my drink?
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #

Scorch

FALaholic #
Hey HR,
So sorry to hear that Graham passed away......didn't know that. I've interacted a lot with him over the years and probably I missed a post with that information since I don't check the FAL Files so often due to being busy with personal issues.
In all honesty I don't know the answer to your question regarding this Upper with NO zero in front of the serial number and on the right side instead of the left......it must be a batch of Upper receivers imported as spares that ended up being built into complete rifles.....just my guess.
I will publish an update to the Serial number list in a few minutes.

Scorch

FALaholic #
Hey HR,
So sorry to hear that Graham passed away......didn't know that. I've interacted a lot with him over the years and probably I missed a post with that information since I don't check the FAL Files so often due to being busy with personal issues.
In all honesty I don't know the answer to your question regarding this Upper with NO zero in front of the serial number and on the right side instead of the left......it must be a batch of Upper receivers imported as spares that ended up being built into complete rifles.....just my guess.
I will publish an update to the Serial number list in a few minutes.

I am a new member here and have been told my lower and bolt carrier are Argentine and would like to get them added to the list. My lower number is 129773

TraFALgar

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I am a new member here and have been told my lower and bolt carrier are Argentine and would like to get them added to the list. My lower number is 129773
Does your bolt carrier have a serial # on the spine (flat rib on top)? If you remove your bolt from the carrier (you may have to push in the firing pin at the rear to rotate the bolt down out of the carrier), the bolt should also have a serial # on the top. Hopefully they are a matched pair.

Scorch

FALaholic #
Does your bolt carrier have a serial # on the spine (flat rib on top)? If you remove your bolt from the carrier (you may have to push in the firing pin at the rear to rotate the bolt down out of the carrier), the bolt should also have a serial # on the top. Hopefully they are a matched pair.
Yes the bolt carrier is 129181 and the bolt is the same.

Rooney

FALaholic #
I've been sitting on a nice Argy parts kits for years now looking for an Argy Rcvr to go with it. I had just about decided to get rid of it when I came across this:

FMAPFALRcvrRt.jpeg

FMAPFALRcvrLt.jpeg

The finish doesn't match the parts kit very well. The parts kit is a dark matte grey that looks parkerized. This has a shinier (i want to say satin finish, but it's shinier than what I'd usually call satin) finish. If I build it up do I 1) Just leave as is, 2) Refinish the upper to match the lower/parts, or 3) Refinish the lower/parts to match the upper? I prefer the matte parkerized look of the lower/parts.

Decisions, decisions....

STG_58_guy

I'm not this cute IRL
Platinum Contributor
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I know this is a very old thread and IF it is out there is was probably built into someone's pride and joy but I'm looking for an Argentine Upper with the serial number 01696. Or, I would honestly take any Argentine Upper at this point if there's one out there available.
I see you got no response. Your upper and barrel are not on the list. The most current copy is on page 85 in the last post by Aezcur. Your lower, bolt and carrier are still assigned to Aeroscout. Good luck.