• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

S.B.L FAL with misspelled text on Receiver - Help identify what I have

Bucc

FALaholic #
I have an FAL I am trying to identify. It is an Isreali heavy barrel. What is strange to me is it seems that the text on the receiver is misspelled. It says it is S.B.L Industies (NOT Industries) It has an Armscorp of America receiver. Would this have been built in Israel? Is it factory built or a kit build? Can anyone enlighten me on what I have? Any idea on its value?
FAL_1.jpg Fal_2.jpg

embatp

What? Me AR?
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
These were FN forgings…finished in Israel by SBL and imported by armscorp…they have a type 3 mag well cut but type 2 cuts at the rear…no factory FAL was machined this way…some people view them as rare or valuable…I do not..one man’s opinion….

DakTo

MadMinuteDude
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
ARMPCORP imported some of the receivers (Onyx others) and built them on Israeli parts kits as seen at the ARMSCORP tables at eastern gun shows back in the day/ Also, private builders as myself built the receivers on light & heavy barrel parts kits.
No complete Israeli parts kit guns were imported from Israeli to my knowledge.

Tattered

Registered FAL offender
Contributor
FALaholic #
Seems to me that would be a lot of effort to forge that. Like Embatp was referring to, someone would have to have done the type 1 cut and then done the type 3 magwell markings. These SBLs aren't worth that much and there's better FALs to fake.

def90

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
The Peoples' Republic of Boulder, Colorado
How about a closer/detailed pic of the rear of the receiver as well to see if it is a type 2 cut? Can't tell in the OP photo. I would think the engraving should have been done by a machine where the text was all loaded in to the program, you lock the receiver in to the machine and push the start button which makes the misspelling interesting

C2A1

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
I got an isreali HB from springfield. As soon as I got it they asked for it back. Offer 50% more than I paid plus expenses. They offered to replace it plus 50% and all expenses. Never said why they wanted it back.

Artigas

FALaholic #
I got an isreali HB from springfield. As soon as I got it they asked for it back. Offer 50% more than I paid plus expenses. They offered to replace it plus 50% and all expenses. Never said why they wanted it back.
Accidentally transferred you an MG maybe? That’s very strange.

C2A1

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
No sear cut. It is totally Isreali. So it may have been a prototype or a sample of the receiver which came in as a firearm, which came from Isreal, not assembled at springfield. They came to my FFL and he total them a customer has it and no he is keeping it.

Armsdad

FALaholic #
I have a legit one. Has original light barrel. Will post pic. I have seen some hb that were built here on these receivers. Story is some were made/assembled in israeli and some bare receivers were imported. Last yr they were selling for an avg. $3500 . I started to buy a HB to go with my LB.

Attachments:

Last edited:

Bucc

FALaholic #
Here are a couple more pictures. Also, it says ARMSCORP OF AMERICA, MD. It does NOT say: ARMSCORP OF AMERICA, INC. Strange. I do not know the difference in the "cuts" of receivers. Can you tell from the attached picture?

IMG_4636.jpg IMG_4637.jpg

Armsdad

FALaholic #
The lightenin cuts on the ops is different. Seems to have 2 different depths on mine vs 1 on the ops or could be just the way the light is hitting or not hitting..looks like armscorp moved locations also. They may of changed their stanping and added md when they moved. Name changed a few times also
Armscorp inc to armscorp usa etc..may of been an armscorp md.. I just read a little on it on an article about fulton armory m14 receivers. I also read that some firearms were banned by name so to get around some mumbo jumbo they changed their names a tinch.. It could be legit..depends on when it was imported and where they were at the time..Ive seen some that looked like a pro built them and some not so much.. They sold a few bare fal recrivers ..So Ive read.. none of this is my own info. Just find stuff on googler.

Last edited:

def90

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
The Peoples' Republic of Boulder, Colorado
Have a friend with one these who's markings look similar to the op's rather than armsdad, although his ends in the traditional inc not MD. Interesting
His is a light barrel, 217x
View attachment 220970
Industries is also spelled correctly.. vs the OP's misspelling.

STG_58_guy

I'm not this cute IRL
Platinum Contributor
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Every batch of receivers probably requires a technician to type all that into a machine that cuts or stamps text. On one batch. the technician misspelled it. The OP is probably the first person to notice.