• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

PSA. Brush 'em off, wipe 'em down, oil'er up.

Pluribus

Testudo Sicario & Mediocris Albus Diaboli
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I know most'a y'all ai'urh aware to clean your carry piece. Well, me too.:wink:
For about the last 3 or so months I've taken a liking to carry a Star SS .380 for daily carry in a home fab holster IWB @ 4:00 due to size and comfort. This is a 1911 style pistol and about the size frame as the Colt Mustang/Pony pistols only with a 3" barrel. I carry it cocked/locked and visually check it daily brushing the lock if needed when first putting it on. Today though was different and all wasn't GTG. I visually checked the lock as usual and, looky look, what a nasty little dust bunny, surrounded by it's close relative the common pocket lint and also it looks, the even nastier belly button lint so daintily though, maliciously, ensconced near the juncture of the hammers/sear.

So, I'm a dirty boy I think and sat down to take the 5 minutes to field strip it, brush it, clean it and scooby looby do it. I wasn't so bad it wouldn't go bang. I think anyway. I didn't want to find out the hard way and, I don't want you to find out that way either so, clean 'em up boys and girls.

:smile:

Goodwill to all,

:salute:

chino*74

FALaholic #
I can carry my Glock all year in a MIC no less (pun intended) & with the xtra magazine in my pocket. In 100 plus degree heat on n off for at least 3 month every year., it'll go bang no matter how many dust bunnies R in there.

But ya, cleaning is good too :)

hagar

FALaholic #
Last time I cleaned my Kahr CW9, I found a rubber earplug in the barrel. That would have made an interesting forensic report, can they determine DNA from earwax? ;)

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Last time I cleaned my Kahr CW9, I found a rubber earplug in the barrel. That would have made an interesting forensic report, can they determine DNA from earwax? ;)
Might sound like the pingke sound of primer driven squib, maybe? I think you may get ID'd on the ear wax if the bullet doesn't destroy the foamie. :eek:

I know most of what I mentioned is of course a bigger possibility with cocked and locked carriers i.e. 1911/single action auto types holstered in a cocked and locked condition. The dust bunnies can show up more often.

:smile:

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Can't see the whole thing, but that looks like a nice home-fab holster.
It is. I couldn’t find what I wanted so I had to take matters into my own hands. I also made the grips on this. It’s my usual daily carry with one spare magazine.
9D607549-94BD-4A61-AEB2-F2504218920F.jpeg
815820C4-961D-4A2B-AACA-923AAD349CB0.jpeg