• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Parts kits

meltblown

FJB
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
There are a couple of IMBEL upper receivers here for sale. Price is not too bad. Check out the market place

Last edited:

NK2000

FALaholic #
Search for Ratas Calientes for assembly tool sets on this site at a good price

If you buy headspace gauges, get shoulderless gauges. They will let you read headspace without having to remove the extractor. https://mansonreamers.com/product/down-dirty-headspace-gauges/

At the end, you will need an exact locking shoulder. See Arizona Response Systems.

If this is your first FAL, I would go for a complete rifle. It will probably save you money and help you determine the style of FAL you prefer that you can look to build later. You are looking at about $900 for the Imbel kit, $800 for the receiver, $150 in tools, $100 in headspace gauges, and $40 for a locking shoulder. You can probably find an Imbel rifle for sale for less than this.

harleyrider

Where’d I set my drink?
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Keep your eye on gunbroker. Lots of decent to excellent complete FAL rifles have been selling lately for less than what it will cost you for a kit, receiver, tools, locking shoulder, etc.

However, I will say that building your own is very satisfying and allows you to be familiar with every part of your rifle and how it works. If you decide to head down the dark path of FAL ownership, you will want more. 😎so the investment in tools becomes negligible over time. Plus you always have your tools if you want to work on ior upgrade your rifles, or even help others to do the same.

HR

harleyrider

Where’d I set my drink?
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Just to follow up…..

Here’s a nice looking IMBEL rifle up for sale in the MP by a Files member. You couldn’t build it these days for the price he’s asking:

Good way to get your feet wet. 👍

HR

Orion the Hunter

FALaholic #
If your first build….be sure to get Mark’s (Arizona Response Systems) Home Gunsmithing Guide (see pic below), unfortunately, I just checked ARS & Gunthings and it is listed “out of stock”….also looks like there isn’t a copy on eBay & GB so you might have to email ARS and ask Mark if he is going to make another run of Books & DVDs? Or post a WTB in Marketplace…
C14A8357-F864-44D9-A92B-2B085DEA7FB6.jpeg