• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Paper Form4s Still Moving at a Snail’s Pace

whisky_n_hot_dogs

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Title says it all. Picked up a YHM Nitro N2O April 2021. Total wait time from submission to approval was 364 days. Add two weeks to include the Silencer Shop delay.

Now for the silencer- it’s ludicrously light when using the threaded insert. With an ASR adapter, it’s still lighter than a 556 k can.
It also works with all the SiCo bravo mounts I bought to use with my Hybrid46. So no extra money need spent to mount it on an ASR brake.
The manual tells the user how to find and install a wipe procured from a hardware store. 👍
Range report will have to wait until another week.😒
image.jpg image.jpg

FP1201

FALaholic #
Electronically submitted Forms are said to go through faster...
Electrically submitted 4473's do go through faster and delays can be re-checked where as a phoned in one is hit or miss.
Paper Forms of anykind are subject to all sorts of handling/storage/access requirements, and because electronic Forms can be more easily controlled and accessed, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot aren't processed remotely by "work from Home" employees, or assigned electronically....Not having to transcribe and enter the applicants information would be a big time saver in itself, not having to secure and store Documents with PII on them makes the process easier too.

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
My LGS does all electronic submissions. Pay for can, he takes picture and fingerprints then your form arrives in two to five weeks. Now way am I doing paper anymore. They have shipment of cans inbound already have dibbs on three and possibly four based on what actually arrive. Decided in case rules get zapped by Biden on way out of office adding more of the Inconel cans that can be abused forever and not wear out. Friend has been using single stainless swap barrel rifle (also has a 9mm pistol can) can since Obama changed Trust laws moving from gun to and insides look horrid. His 30 caliber can will probably pass 338 projectiles now and really needs a new baffle stack.

Have two full auto cans and one swap barrel with Inconel baffles that have a gazillion rounds and except for being nasty no appeciable wear noticed. One of the 5.56 full auto cans probably has over 5,000 rounds and when cleaned looks new examining with a bore scope. SIG and AAC both have under $800 Inconel cans so adding a 5.56 swap barrel full auto rated, 300 Win Mag down to 5.56 swap barrel, a 308 rated swap barrel and another Osprey 45 to my collection as seem to shoot more suppressed than unsuppressed should cover me for life with what already have but also considering one of the new Ruger rimfire cans as have several friends running on 22 Hornets without issues.

4markk

Military Observer
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I have the urge to eform a dead air sandman and watch it clear before my next paper form silencer (which should be around late July based on this latest). I would love and hate it at the same time.
I ordered a Sandman in April 2021. Come Dec, still no Sandman, so I traded for a Primal and an adapter. Submitted the electronic Form four months ago today. Still no charge to my credit card for the tax.

Last edited:

whisky_n_hot_dogs

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I wish I could make a positive comment on the silencer. I had a chance to shoot it on a 9mm PCC and the supersonic crack was enough to negate any effects of muffling the blast. Small range with a large berm and plenty of reflected noise. Am I surprised? No. I should run it on a rifle range or use subsonic pistol ammo for a better evaluation

4markk

Military Observer
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I wish I could make a positive comment on the silencer. I had a chance to shoot it on a 9mm PCC and the supersonic crack was enough to negate any effects of muffling the blast. Small range with a large berm and plenty of reflected noise. Am I surprised? No. I should run it on a rifle range or use subsonic pistol ammo for a better evaluation
Which one? The YHM Nitro N2O? Sandman? Or Ace Hardware?

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Spoke to the Silencer Co. rep at the LGS yesterday about this very thing, he's seeing some paper forms up to 15 and 16 months now. Says 75% of the NFA work force is now dedicated to paper forms because they want to get through them and gone so they can concentrate on the much easier electronic forms.

John A

FALaholic #
I have the urge to eform a dead air sandman and watch it clear before my next paper form silencer (which should be around late July based on this latest). I would love and hate it at the same time.
If that were to happen, you should contact nfa branch and let them know you have other forms in limbo. Occasionally, you may get an examiner that can approve those at the same time since really they are just checking whether you are prohibited or not.

Kind of like the long process of a 4473.

Farmplinker

FALaholic #
Last can that got out of jail was done on paper, took 366 days. E-file at the end of April still in jail. LGS is still mad at Silencer Shop for talking about 1 week turnarounds.

Abacab

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Last can that got out of jail was done on paper, took 366 days. E-file at the end of April still in jail. LGS is still mad at Silencer Shop for talking about 1 week turnarounds.
I called NFA branch Friday. 385 days since pending, probably 400 days total since it was mailed in.

Disgusting bureaucratic foot dragging and even worse that you're powerless to do anything about it.

whisky_n_hot_dogs

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I can't believe people bought that hype. The first five might be one week and then the flood of applications will slow it to a crawl while the AFT are busy trying to clear paper forms.

Abacab

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
My Form 4 came back today.....for a correction. Apparently this FAL has been papered as .22 caliber machine gun for some time. Going to have to explain it to them that the registry is wrong. Hopefully they'll just correct it with photos but I'm not holding my breath. Add another six months to this 14 month transfer.

whisky_n_hot_dogs

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
My Form 4 came back today.....for a correction. Apparently this FAL has been papered as .22 caliber machine gun for some time. Going to have to explain it to them that the registry is wrong. Hopefully they'll just correct it with photos but I'm not holding my breath. Add another six months to this 14 month transfer.
At least they’re looking at the paperwork. I’ve had a couple corrections before and it was taken care of quickly. They don’t send the paperwork to back of the line.

Definitely give us more background to this doozy