• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

NZ L1A1 Collector: What kind of stock on the L2A1

Status

RRotz

I'll never learn to play well with others., Jen wi
FALaholic #
what kind of stock is on that L2A1 with the long slotted inch pat. flash hider? it's got the extra long neck, what type or pattern is that? i have a line on a heavy barrel L2 front end and already have an inch parts set ready for it. what kind of advise would you give to me? i have to conform to this rediculous u.s. parts rule and decided to use a dan@vow firm pistol grip, dsa gas piston, hesse hammer, trigger, sear and metric mags with u.s. made floorplate and followers for you u.s. based L2A1 builders out there, if you can give me any advise.....

NZ L1A1 Collector

Moderator & Collectaholic
FALaholic #
The stock on the L2A1 is a Normal length Australian made stock, It's a optical illusion sp? because the stock on the upper L2A1 is a Short one, and that the rear sight isn't "hanging" out over the stock.

We did have some New Zealand Army L2A1 re-stocked with Plastic Pistol grips and Butts. It would be a shame to recreate a "L2A1" and use a pistol grip that dosen't look like the original......... It isn't too large a leep to change a L2A1 to a C2A1, all you need is a spare:

Canadian Butt c/w metal fittings
C1 Stripper loading cover and
1000 meter roto sight

These might be easier to get than the L2A1 1000 meter tangent sight/cover.

Is there another "internal" part you can get away with using so you can use a plastic or wood pistol grip? .......... oooo If you make a C2A1 you would need a wood pistol grip

hope this helps

------------------
Kevin Adams
Rifle, 7.62 mm, L1A1 Collector & Researcher.
NEW ZEALAND

RRotz

I'll never learn to play well with others., Jen wi
FALaholic #
that might be it kevin, thanks! i have 2 inch lowers here, one has UE codes and AD letter prefix before the serial number what is the origin? i think the AD is australian, it has really big selector lettering, i'm going to make that my L2A1 lower and have an inch parts set for a L2 heavy barrel front end. is australia the origin?

[This message has been edited by RRotz (edited November 22, 2000).]

NZ L1A1 Collector

Moderator & Collectaholic
FALaholic #
The lower with the AD prefix to the serial number is Australian.

The lower with the UE prefix to the serial number is British (Enfield made).

The HB parts (barrel, bipod, carrying handle, 1000m tangent sight/cover, block filler, 30 round magazines) were made by Canada and sent to Lithgow, who then fitted it to their L2A1 rifles. The Recoil Reducer is an Australian though

So really they are a twice removed Canadian.

------------------
Kevin Adams
Rifle, 7.62 mm, L1A1 Collector & Researcher.
NEW ZEALAND

Status