• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

NOTICE: FNFAL.com needs your help!!!!!!!!!!!

Status

Jen

Head Baby Sitter
Staff member
FALaholic #
Make sure you email me if you want want a email account. If you are mailing in a contribution, email me now if you would like an email address and I will reserve the account for you.

Thanks Folks.. we're about 1/5 of the way to the new server.

Jen

Chipmunk

FALaholic #
Snailmailed check,you should recieve it saturday,if
snail is using hi-test,Would it be possible to use 5.00
of the amount to enter the parts kit raffle,sent check
before getting post aboutraffle. chipmunk@fnfal.com
sounds OK.
Chipmunk

Jen

Head Baby Sitter
Staff member
FALaholic #
Chipmunk: Yes, if the raffle happens ( I should know today or by Monday) then every $5 that you contribute = 1 raffle entry.

FAL Files Administrator

Administrator
FALaholic #
Many of you have asked what hardware we are looking at for the new server. Here is a list of the hardware that I am currently considering. If you have any suggestions on other hardware let me know.

Jen
<TABLE BORDER="0" WIDTH="100%"><TR><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">Case:</TD><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">Rack Mount</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">Siliconrax-sliger CX479H
OR
Siliconrax-sliger CX426

</TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">Motherboard:</TD><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">Dual Intel PIII - FCPGA, 1 Gig Memory</TD></TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">Super Micro 370DE6
OR
Super Micro 370DER

</TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">CPU:</TD><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">Dual CPU's, 133Bus, Retail w/ 3Yr Warranty</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">PIII 933 133 Bus
OR
PIII 1GHZ 133 Bus

</TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">Hard Drives:</TD><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">3 SCSI HDDs - RAID 5 Config.</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">Seagate Cheetah ST118202LC/LW 18.2GB Ultra2 SCSI 10,000 RPM
OR
Seagate Cheetah ST318451LC/LW 18.4GB Ultra160 SCSI 15,000 RPM

</TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">RAID Controller:</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">Adaptec 3200s

</TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">Memory:</TD><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">512MB - 1GB</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT FACE="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial" SIZE="2">512MB SDRAM PC133</TD></TR>
</TABLE>

These are the current hardware options we are looking at.

[This message has been edited by FAL Files Administrator (edited November 04, 2000).]

FALaholic #
Just a suggestion Jen, double the RAM, at the prices they are today you cant go wrong. And those drives may want to consider either 34's or 36gb's for expandability. At the prices the extra 512 mb of ram and twice the disk you'd only be looking at 2-3k more at one time. This also covers you in case another chip shortage comes up like it did last year.

FAL Files Administrator

Administrator
FALaholic #
UPDATE: For those waiting for fnfal.com or hk91.com email addresses, be patient, my main system went down again today and I can't access the email request list. I should have it up tonight or tomorrow and will get the email accounts set up asap.

Thank You,

Jen
FAL Files Administrator

New Shot

FALaholic #
Sent my $20 via Paypal. Sent in e-amil request. Good luck with fund raising. I may be new, but I know a good investment when I see one.

Tackleberry

FALaholic #
My check is going out in snail mail as well by then end of the week. Please reserve Tackleberry@fnfal.com please? Jen you have gone above and beyond the call of duty with all your hard work. I know i appreciate it.

------------------
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor

Status