• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Non permissive environment carry

FALaholic #
So my girlfriend wants to see a show, only the arena it is held at is a “gun free zone” per my states CPL law, and the venu itself is antigun and anti self defense in general, they won’t allow in anything that might be useful to defend yourself with, not even pepper spray, they even call out “sharp” umbrellas in their list of banned items as well as any other can of aerosol spray, even lasers are banned. Adding further insult to injury the venue is in Detroit and getting there involves driving through the ghetto. (It is Little Caesars Arena, formerly Comerica Park). To complicate things even further they have metal detectors and searches. Civil rights are not something they believe in.

It is NOT illegal under state law to have a weapon there, provided it is not a concealed pistol or taser, so this only violates company policy, worst case is I get kicked out. But I would rather not have an angry disappinted girlfriend.

So what are your suggestions? What can I carry as a weapon that security would not spot and that won’t trip a metal detector? I was looking at some G10 and Ceramic knifes but I’m concerned about pat downs. Anyone ever been there before? What are their security procedures? Do they do pat downs? Do they use body scanners?

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I have a friend who carries a really stout wooden cane with him when he flies, just to have "something". No trickery in the cane like a knife or anything, just a good heavy club that goes through X-ray/metal detector fine. Who can question a guy that needs to walk with a cane ;)

raubvogel

Contributor
FALaholic #
Tell her to put a 4cell maglight-long steel dildo in her bag. I would like to see the venue not allowing her to bring a massive dildo to the show; a lot of the groups they cater for would go apeship on that.

Otherwise, cane as others said. There are cane fighting techniques.

Story

FALaholic #
I have a friend who carries a really stout wooden cane with him when he flies, just to have "something". No trickery in the cane like a knife or anything, just a good heavy club that goes through X-ray/metal detector fine. Who can question a guy that needs to walk with a cane ;)
That's actually a fashion-thing for elderly gentlemen from Harlem. Even made the fashion section of the Sunday NYT, although the journalists had no clue what they were really looking at.

Make her smuggle in the weapons.
The Thug Class has done that so much that wimmen receive extra scrutiny as they might be holdin'.

Story

FALaholic #
(It is Little Caesars Arena, formerly Comerica Park).
Map reconnaissance says the blue parking lots are ideal if it's Comerica Park and the two closest reds if Little Caesars Arena.
Theoretically speaking, a firearm could be left in a deep-hide position inside of an interested party's vehicle.
Park. Walk. Enjoy Venue. Return to vehicle. Retrieve Weapon. Mad Max your way home.

meltblown

Social Influencer for the Feds
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Dunno, about disappointing her. I took mine to a James Taylor concert when we were dating. Took me a few years to recover those lost punches on my man card after that experience.

harleyrider

Where’d I set my drink?
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Dunno, about disappointing her. I took mine to a James Taylor concert when we were dating. Took me a few years to recover those lost punches on my man card after that experience.
Yeah, I carried into Disney World (posted no firearms allowed) on a vacation with my wife & kids about 10 years ago under the premise that I was more likely to need it in a crowded public place than elsewhere. No real issues....until we got hammered by one of the frequent cloudbursts common to that part of Florida and my white T-shirt covering the butt sticking out of my IWB holster became soaked and translucent leading to serious printing. Had to cut through the crowds covering the gun w/ my elbow to the truck to get a spare (non T-shirt) to wear. My wife was pretty pissed (not a gun girl) mostly because we could have been asked to leave, forfeiting a bunch of $$ tickets.

Lesson learned —wear a darker shirt!

HR

meltblown

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Yeah, I carried into Disney World (posted no firearms allowed) on a vacation with my wife & kids about 10 years ago under the premise that I was more likely to need it in a crowded public place than elsewhere. No real issues....until we got hammered by one of the frequent cloudbursts common to that part of Florida and my white T-shirt covering the butt sticking out of my IWB holster became soaked and translucent leading to serious printing. Had to cut through the crowds covering the gun w/ my elbow to the truck to get a spare (non T-shirt) to wear. My wife was pretty pissed (not a gun girl) mostly because we could have been asked to leave, forfeiting a bunch of $$ tickets.

Lesson learned —wear a darker shirt!

HR
Have you gotten your man card back since it was revoked going to Disneyworld? :D

meltblown

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Depends on who you ask.🤔

HR
Yup, I was in an automotive plant today doing some work, and this young maint mechanic idiot called me out for having my facemask on under my nose. I wanted to kick him in the balls but just walked away. I got a deduction. Their rules. I doubt he's ever been issued a real card yet.

Tyrsman

FALaholic #
I’ve never had a pat down at a concert, jury duty, or a convention, just metal detectors. I carry a Stone Age 8 inch razor sharp flint knife with a sinew attached antler handle in a leather sheath with no metal in certain situations. Im not confirming that I carry it in restricted areas…

davedude

FALaholic #
I like the cane idea. I have a bad ankle so It actually works for me.
Wear a long sleeve shirt and strap a nylon letter opener to your forearm. Or one on both forearms. Never know when you might have to open some mail.