• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

New Server Hardware

Status

FAL Files Administrator

Administrator
FALaholic #
Several of you have emailed regarding the Hardware requirements of the new server. Here's the baseline that I am working off of in order to get a high-end fully upgradable machine that we won't have to replace any time soon.

Multi-Processor Motherboard. Intel PIII or Athlon

512 Megs 133mhz Mem minimum, the more the better

3x 18.1gb HDD for either Raid 5 or Stripping.

SCSI Raid Card(s) as needed for above

Video Card, Rack Mount Case, and other smaller items. I expect the bulk of the money to go in to drives/raid/scsi, memory and cpu.

I should have a more detailed break down of the hardware requirements as I do more research as to what would work best. I will post here with updates.

Jen
FAL Files Administrator

Keith Buckner

FALaholic #
If you want easy upgrades, Athlon is on it's way OUT!

If not PIII, then go AMD Thunderbird... 1Ghz CPU for less than $400 Retail!

Kin, is right about the current avalablility of multi processor boards. PIII may be your only option.

[This message has been edited by Keith Buckner (edited November 02, 2000).]

Status