• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Need some G-series Info. (Furniture Type)

Status

Matchman

FALaholic #
Were there any G-series (Type 1 receiver) with the all Plastic/composit furniture that
is typically found on the later 50.00 Type 2&3.

I just want to make a accurate clone.

Orlando98T/A

FALaholic #
Not that I've seen. I've seen them with wood handguards, and wood buttstock, the pistol grip in some type of plastic. I've also seen them with metal handguards recessed for the bipod. My G has the metal handguards/bipod.

This is just my understanding, not neccesary gospel.

jimmy

FALaholic #
I have four G series and three are wood furniture with black pistol grip. One has a wood stock,black pistol grip,and steel G1 type forarm with Bi-Pod.
I have never seen any "G" series with the black plastic furniture like the 50.00.
Jimmy

Yog

FALaholic #
Matchman,

I've seen G-Series rifles with 3 different handguards:

- wooden - not cut for bipod, but VERY attractive
- metal - identical to StG. 58 kits
- plastic/fibreglass - not cut for bipod and "grayish" in color. These feel very good in the hand to me.

Pistol grips are always plastic and most lightweight rifles have the serial stamped on them.

Buttstocks are an "orangey" type of wood. Very attractive.

Carrying handles are the "older" type - identical to those found on the StG. 58 kits.

Hope this helps!!

Joel N.
"Yog" (in Alaska)
"Molon Labe!"

Status