• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

My first build

Tuhlmann

THAT guy
Contributor
FALaholic #
Thought I’d share this here.
It’s my first attempt. Only 4” long, a little two-finger hold box cutting sheepsfoot. 1075 stock removal. I attempted a chisel grind, but I didn’t do it right so I ended up with secondary bevels. Wood is curly maple with some leather dye, black vulcanized liners, & topped with about a half dozen coats of pure tung oil. Pins are copper sleeved in brass, peened & ground.

Made a bunch of mistakes, and learned a bunch. We’ll see how the next one goes. Critiques & tips welcome.

E7C2DC6B-5738-4718-A75A-64873275564C.jpeg 001A14E3-A1AB-4E41-99C3-783380E2B981.jpeg 22978617-E1E5-46E4-90AD-0BFE2ACB0A89.jpeg

Gazz

FALaholic #
Well done for a first blade! My only comment would be about the lanyard hole. Seems like its very close to the butt end and the wood scale may want to chip out being so thin there. Maybe its okay but I can't really see from here. Looks like you may have used brass tube as part of your pins and maybe lining that hole with the tube (as long as the hole is the proper size) would give the wood some support.