• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Metric Mag Group Buy.

308/223shooter

FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
If I do one LAST group buy on metric mags, will you blokes buy them at $25.00 each. I'm driving north this weekend to inspect a couple cases to see what they're like. I saw what he had for sale this past weekend and they were all in fairly good condition. What I've got for sale in my latest MP thread is a representaion of the best ones I could grab on short notice.
No, not all of them were like new or NOS, unless you want Inch mags at $60.00 each. All of the Metrics were good used surplus mags, and seemed to be worth the asking price. If enough interest is generated, I'll buy the lot and put 'em up in the MP.
Here's one pic. The gunk that looks like rust is actually cosmoline. I've mostly Styer and a few early Belgian or Imbel mags.

Last edited:

OlderWiser

FALaholic #
Having just gotten back into FALs after a 6 year hiatus I am still in shock over the current prices and lack of availability of things.

That said, I'd be in for a few, but not a bunch. I am going to try the new Moses mag, if it works out, that is where my money will go. I not a fan of polymer mags but I'd rather support his innovation and risk taking. Just a personal thing.

308/223shooter

FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I know its a drop in the bucket, but I could swing four if they were available now or eight to ten in a few weeks. Hope this picks up steam.
The problem with trying to get good mags is, trying to get good mags. Most times I've found the good ones were in the vast minority of the lot. This seller has a very good reputation, is a steller bloke, and has come up with good items for me in the past. I'll be hitting the road to meet him in a couple hours, and hope to be back home tonight with a couple hundred mags, give or take. I hope to get only very good ones, but I'll take what I can get considering the current trend in surplus parts.
He also has NOS Australian Inch mags if anyone's interested, I can get some of them at the same time.

308/223shooter

FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Any traction on the buy, sir? I wouldn't expect NOS mags. Happy-feedy is nice.
I picked up what he had and ran blanks through them to test functionality, and about half are too beat to sell as-is. I diss-asembled them and have them at a shop for re-finishing.
I'm supposed to get anouther full case in the next week or so, when he finds the box they're in, then I'll have a better idea of how many I'll have to sell.
At this time, I've about 2 or 3 dozen Styer mags, all in good used condition I can move. I'll try and get some good pics up later this weekend. A mate died recently and is memorial is today, so I'll be tied up till late. Check back this evening for some pics.
Cheers, Shooter.