• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Meet Chester

Randall

FALaholic #
That picture of Chester @ the American River was taken just before sunset on the 3rd of July. We drove across town to a friend's house to watch a fireworks display across the river that night. To my surprise Chester didn't mind the noise, and he actually seemed genuinely interested in the big explosions. It was hard to be certain, but the "Flight of the Valkeri" may have been playing in his head.

He is the first dog I've ever owned who wasn't gun shy. I need to retire and move somewhere with good access to upland birds. He's got a great nose. Needs training though.

Last edited:

medicmike

Blocked Felicia
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
That picture of Chester @ the American River was taken just before sunset on the 3rd of July. We drove across town to a friend's house to watch a fireworks display across the river that night. To my surprise Chester didn't mind the noise, and he actually seemed genuinely interested in the big explosions. It was hard to be certain, but the "Flight of the Valkeri" may have been playing in his head.

He is the first dog I've ever owned who wasn't gun shy. I need to retire and move somewhere with good access to upland birds. He's got a great nose. Needs training though.
Surprisingly enough my Newf isn't phased by fireworks, thunder or gunfire. Not like the Mastiff I had that would cower in the bathtub every time there was a loud bang.

Randall

FALaholic #
Surprisingly enough my Newf isn't phased by fireworks, thunder or gunfire. Not like the Mastiff I had that would cower in the bathtub every time there was a loud bang.
Yeah, my doberman and my Visla would both find the tightest darkest places in the house and wedge themselves in after a loud bang. That doberman was fearless of anything but loud noises.