• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Meet Chester

CeltofMissouri

Mug Rooster
FALaholic #
I mean this with all sincerity and am not being sarcastic in the least.

Randall, young Chester needs to be in the Oval office. Because he's far more intelligent than the worthless, cur mongrel that's in there right now. ;) :D

Bwana John

FALaholic #
No, but I bet Tily does.
You can't fool Tily, she knows exactly which firearm is "hers". (rusty, scratched up, beater 870)
Add that to a ratty shell vest / game pouch with bloody stains and old feathers and I've got one hyped up Labrador Retriever
She also goes apeshit over fishing poles.

Chester sure is a good looking GSP. I bet he would surpass Tily for upland game pretty quickly, she overheats fast and does much better for waterfowl.

Last edited:

Randall

FALaholic #
You can't fool Tily, she knows exactly which firearm is "hers". (rusty, scratched up, beater 870)
Add that to a ratty shell vest / game pouch with bloody stains and old feathers and I've got one hyped up Labrador Retriever
She also goes apeshit over fishing poles.

Chester sure is a good looking GSP. I bet he would surpass Tily for upland game pretty quickly, she overheats fast and does much better for waterfowl.
I've no doubt Tily would kick his ass in the field.
Chester has got a good nose, and he is quick to point, but zero field training.

That's 100 percent on me. I'm still recovering from a spinal fusion operation, and it's all I can do just to walk him on a leash at this point.

Also found out this summer that he hates the water. That was quite the surprise. We couldn't keep our Viszla out of the pool...or any body of water for that matter.

Bwana John

FALaholic #
I've no doubt Tily would kick his ass in the field.
Chester has got a good nose, and he is quick to point, but zero field training.
That's 100 percent on me. I'm still recovering from a spinal fusion operation, and it's all I can do just to walk him on a leash at this point.
Also found out this summer that he hates the water. That was quite the surprise. We couldn't keep our Viszla out of the pool...or any body of water for that matter.
Tily is a retriever dog, and as far as she is concerned her job doesn’t really start until something falls out of the sky. She is also a bit of a complainer and will let you know what she thinks of your wing shooting skills if you miss. She is very good at blind retrieves, if you tell her there is something out there to get she will probably find it. She does needs a lot of water in the field to both drink and cool off in.

It is hard to tell in pictures but Chester seems like he is very calm for a GSP… and has obviously been a great companion and brings you plenty of joy, which is the most important thing a dog can do.

Randall

FALaholic #
... It is hard to tell in pictures but Chester seems like he is very calm for a GSP… and has obviously been a great companion and brings you plenty of joy, which is the most important thing a dog can do.
Chester is a great pup, and we love him to death. He'll be 7 mths old in a week or two. That being said, the pictures do depict him in his best light. I can assure you that Chester is anything but calm. He is an athlete with two speeds (100mph and dead asleep). Barb and I walk him between 3 and 6 miles every day. Then he goes to the dog park to play with his buds twice a day...everyday...otherwise he finds ways to burn his energy. Destructive ways. Barb and I have a running joke every time he destroys something, or grabs ahold of something that he's not supposed to have. I scream out something like "The BDE (Best Dog Ever) just shredded your throw pillow", and Barb just shakes her head and screams back "Bella was the BDE. This one is a menace"!!!! :ROFLMAO:

As long as he gets his exercise, he is the BDE.

alphadog58

FALaholic #
Wow he grew fast. Hope you recover from your surgery so you can field train him. My hunters were always triggered by my brush buster pants and the ratty vest. Yeah, we're going... Get in the truck...
They're all long gone now. All we have is our fat Russian Blue cats, Boris and Natasha.
Larry

CeltofMissouri

Mug Rooster
FALaholic #
^^^ I'd say you're correct. :)

I was genuinely surprised one time at how bad ass Pekingese could be. Noticed some dummy trying to reach into a car in a wally world parking lot. He was lucky he drew back a stump. Two little Pekingese were in there just waiting for some sod to try reaching in. One of 'em snapped on to the idiot's hand and he screamed his head off before shaking the little dog off and yanking his hand out. :LOL:

Last edited: