• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Low profile G3 scope mount recomendation

Impala_Guy

FALaholic #
How's this one? Any lower cost options? Is the B&T one worth the even greater price?

lew

FALaholic #
I paid $70 or $80 for my FAB Defense rail at Optics Planet. Looks identical to the HK rail, save for the screws being on the sides. Might be a tad lower.

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
The B&T is excellent, but I see no quality difference between it and lower priced alternatives. I have an MFI on my MP5

I've had good reports of the $20 one from RTG. Might be UTG or other Chinese, but if it works, it works.

hansellhd

FALaholic #
The B&T is excellent, but I see no quality difference between it and lower priced alternatives. I have an MFI on my MP5

I've had good reports of the $20 one from RTG. Might be UTG or other Chinese, but if it works, it works.

It does. Just make sure to use thread locker on mounting screws.

wkendwarrior2003

FALaholic #
This might be overkill but I'll probably buy one (G3 specific)
https://www.milehighshooting.com/spuhr-r-402-g3-top-rail/
I have one of those, and I do like it. It *seems* lower profile than the B&T one, but I don't have a B&T in front of me to directly compare. It is a quality piece, but a fairly expensive mount....I couldn't fault someone for at least trying one of the lower priced alternatives out there.