• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

List of passed Veterans.....

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Lost my friend recently, RVN, 69, 70, 71, Ed Vankirk, SFC, US Army retired, back walking point, just to keep the FNG's, tha frickin new guys safe and in one piece.:salute::salute::salute:

May his memory be a blessing.
B'shalom

tdb59

Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Vernon Leon Hamner, Jr.

March 8, 1936 – May 9, 2018

If the Army and the Navy
Ever gaze on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the streets are guarded by

United States Marines

adam762

Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
https://www.hoskinsfh.com/obituary/william-lahmann

Landed in Versailles with 5/42 FA and shelled the Germans through France and into Germany. Volunteered in his community one way or another for the next 65 years. Taught me to swing an axe, run a saw, hold a rifle, and drive a truck. Got me into amateur radio in junior high, and took me to hamfests. Taught me that there was no such thing as junk, and there was nothing you couldn’t make better by tinkering with it. Taught me that if you wanted it and nobody made it, then you make it. Drove me through Alaska, opened my eyes to the world and to history. And so much more.

He was my grandpa, and the world is a way less interesting place without him.

meltblown

Resident Smart Ass
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Alexander Pittman
8/18/27 to Jan '94
(it's bad I can't remember the exact date as these are things I put out of my mind)

US Navy Submarine Service '44-'64. Joined at 17 so he wouldn't get drafted by the Army.

1feral1

RAEME Fitter-Armourer
Contributor
FALaholic #
Canuck/Australian 'import' live'n in Merrimack, NH
My Great Uncle

267104 PTE Robert F Allen
28th Battalion, Canadian Expeditionary Force
DOW 07 November 1917
Passchendaele Belgium

Bob was 21, single and never married. Bob was cut down by a burst from a German MG08 while advancing on the village of Passchendaele with his unit. He was wounded in both legs and left arm. Although evac'd to a CCS, he died of his wounds the next day.

He is buried in a CWGC cemetery near Poperinge Belguim.

My wife's Great Uncle

12050601 PFC Andrew Lezen
167th Infantry, 31st Division
KIA 19 June 1945
Talomo Trail, Mindanao
The Philippines

Andy was 23 years old, and was from Linden New Jersey. He was shot through the heart and lungs as he went down one one knee to load his Garand. When he stood up he was shot by a Japanese rifleman hiding in a tree. His remains were repatriated in 1948 and he is buried in the local cemetery of his town

Two mates I knew and served with, and who I think of often

TPR David 'Poppy' Pearce, aged 41
2/14th Light Horse Regiment (Queensland Mounted Infantry)
KIA 08 October 2007 Afghanistan. Poppy's LAV rolled over an IED, killing him instantly and wounded the remainder of the crew.

PTE Nathan Bewes, aged 23
6th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment

KIA 09 July 2010. Whilst on patrol, Nathan triggered an IED killing him instantly

A man never dies as long as someone says his name.

Lest We Forget.

Last edited:

starbuck

FALaholic #
LCPL. Brett Wightman, Lima Company. He died in 2005 at the age of 22. We had a good time but I had no idea he was living his entire life at the time. I am no doubt a better father because of him.