• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Inventory on Paco's reference pics for FN FAL and other goodies

bigstick61

FALaholic #
Have you ever weighed the M1, M2, and M3 FALs? I'm curious about what they weigh, especially the latter two (M2 with charger guide top cover instead of the scope mount).

I also saw a statement regarding the M3 and Dutch rear sights and the apertures, but wasn't clear on what you were saying. Is the aperture on the M3 wider than the aperture on the Dutch fixed 250m sight? If different, do you have pictures or measurements for comparison?

I saw the picture of the scoped M3 with 10-round mag. Were 10-round mags used with these, and if so, were they hiduminium or steel?

Also curious if, for reference, you could check to see if the following parts on the M2 and M3 are hiduminium, as may apply to each:

-trigger guard
-pistol grip retainer nut
-return spring tube plug and washer
-stock bolt expansion screw
-rear sling swivel base
-buttplate screw

Finally, on the pictures of the fixed-stock FNC that's not an ABL M2 in one of your links, it appears to have a sling bar on the left side of the stock between the stock and the buttpad. Would it be possible to see what that looks like disassembled? I wonder if something like that could be fabricated and made to work with a FAL Type D stock. I think one of the CALs pictured was like this as well.

Last edited:

paco

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
That are a lot of specific questions.

About the weight

My Belgian Army FAL:

FAL ABL M1 (1955): 4870grams (10,73lb) including OIPscope, snipersling, empty steel mag, leather cheeckpiece
FAL ABL M2(1960) : 4540grams (10 lb?) including OIPscope, snipersling, empty steel mag, leather cheeckpiece
FAL ABL M3: 4410grams (9,75lb) including normal sling and 1 steel mag

FAL LUX GD M1: 4350grams (9,58lb) including stripper topcover and 1 steel mag

I weighted a hidumidium stripcover: 37grams and a steel was 87grams.

Paco

About the FAL M3 and the 10rd mag. Only steel mags are observed. It remains a rare item. Some were used for parades and royal honorguard. Some for shootingcompetition..
Only Holland ordered a specific 15 roundmag for matches. 5 rounds warming up. and 10 rounds for your match...

About the peepsights. Belgian army has a wider (normal) diameter on the peepsight. Holland ordered specific the same model but a smaller diameter.
That sucks in low light settings but is excellent for competition.
I found proof of that in a letter from an employer that worked in tha artillerie Inrichtingen. Interesting letter since it also mention the "wandering zero" they had and the meetings with FN about this.
I'll have a look if i can find it back.
No magnets at home, all on my workdesk. Lock down... so, loter.
About the FNC, soon...

Paco

Last edited:

paco

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Feel free to make a wish list on a subject.
By september i got more acces to Belgian Army "vaults" :D
So, if you need detailed pics on something...

By then, i'm back full time in the army. :biggrin:

Paco

paco

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I repaired the first links...
Due to the changing of the webhost. All links were broken.

I got the Belgian till you see no more highlighted items links fixed.
I'll catch up asap with the rest.
If you do wanna see the broken links, klick'm and try to remove /forum in the link

Good luck
Paco

Last edited:

paco

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #

Sh3008

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #

Stranger

FALaholic #
Incredibly useful thread.

Anytime my better half starts talking about the collection being too big and how "we" need to downsize, I just pull up these pictures and scroll through while the wife is in the room.

paco

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Incredibly useful thread.

Anytime my better half starts talking about the collection being too big and how "we" need to downsize, I just pull up these pictures and scroll through while the wife is in the room.
Refer to womans shoe's . Never enough....
That, they understand ; )

I love my new shoes too ;)

Stranger

FALaholic #
Refer to womans shoe's . Never enough....
That, they understand ; )
I made the mistake years ago of responding to a request to sell firearms by telling her I would do it after she cleared out her closet of all the clothes she never wore.

She promptly cleared out her closet of all the clothes she never wore. (I suspect she new I would say that and had planned it the entire time.)

My wife is pragmatic. Owns just a couple pairs of shoes and goes barefoot around the house. Just gives me dirty looks when I suggest she should go around the house with no clothes on to complete the ensemble.

paco

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
She promptly cleared out her closet of all the clothes she never wore. (I suspect she new I would say that and had planned it the entire time.)

RUN Forrest, RUN!!!