• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

If a FALer has a PRE-ban PWA "Commando" lower, *4-digit* Serial #...

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Or send it to me for an "appraisal" and test run. I would list it at barf.com money order payment (I hate it and only paid via USPS MO twice) only shipped to FFL who accepts firearms with copy of D.L. or CCW. Now that PayPal is reporting to feds and if sell more than something like $600 per year heard will get a bill for sales tax at end of year but not confirmed it yet am leery. Unsure how large F&F transfers will be handled. If comfortable with gunbroker would do a penny auction and watch it run.

Enquiring Minds

FALaholic #
Haven't been on arf or gunbroker for like 8 years, stuck in their stoo-pid loop of automated password resets...

... only shipped to FFL who accepts firearms with copy of D.L. or CCW.

Sorry, been out of the interstate transfer thaaang for a while--and never did delve into the NE Peoples' Republiks nonsense--is it the dealer or the end buyer I need a DL or CCW from? And do I have to go FFL-to-FFL, or can I ship it direct to, say, a verified FFL in PR-Massachusetts?

Thanks in advance.

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
You need a receiving FFL that requires nothing but copy of your driver license to recieve. Then they will do background check and 4473 on buyer and your clear. Some FFLs only receive from other FFLs adding to fees on both ends. I have sent rifles and receivers all over the country with nothing but copy of my D.L. and if request add copy of my CCW. Some states the CCW makes all go smoother.

Make sure money is in your hands and funds cleared bank before shipping or that's when shenannigins happen. Check cleared your bank and thiers or money order exchanged for cash. PayPal F&F is safe if don't mention guns at all but don't use Zelle as it's a horror story when goes bad and knows three people who used Zelle to have checking accounts emptied.

NFADLR

FALaholic #
Location thats the question▽ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¿?
My first M16 was a PWA complete with stop sign PWA logo.

250.00 plus 200.00 tax stamp as seller was a engineer but not a FFL/SOT.

I love the PWA's...was my first AR way back....I think they were machined by LMT back in the day....should bring a pretty penny being PB low serial....

Enquiring Minds

FALaholic #
I've always found I got the best price on desirable items on GB by starting at $100
Hear that, but there's another one on there, Starting Bid $1499.00, and he's got a bid!... just copying what seems to work THIS WEEK...

... still can't figure some of the FAL Mag pricing though... I get the appeal of the Izzies (parked, solid, true), and the Austrians (witness holes), but the Belgians, even in the SEALED boxes of 10, getting low-balled... ??

Enquiring Minds

FALaholic #
Ok, I'm dumb. What is the allure to PWA?
NOT an AR guy, BUT... think it has to do with they have "historically correct" M16-A2 contours, plus were machined by LMT... also they say
"Commando" on the side, so, it like raises your T-count, or attracts mail-order brides... also supposedly "easy" to "accidentally" c0nvert to s3l3ct-f1re... MIGHT have been used in the movie 'Heat'... not sure.

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I don't list anything on GB anymore. Had account with about thirty sales and even more purchases and something went loopy with GunBroker closing it saying I had two registered account. Took me two months to get an account back, would not reactivate existing account or transfer my history to new account. Now if want to sell anything let LGS who has full time employee just handling GB sales list it for me. Puts all the goofy questions on them and insulates me. Good luck.

meltblown

Social Influencer for the Feds
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
NOT an AR guy, BUT... think it has to do with they have "historically correct" M16-A2 contours, plus were machined by LMT... also they say
"Commando" on the side, so, it like raises your T-count, or attracts mail-order brides... also supposedly "easy" to "accidentally" c0nvert to s3l3ct-f1re... MIGHT have been used in the movie 'Heat'... not sure.
Copy, I didn't know that poodle shooter lowers had all those contour things. But I did not think about the shelf being absent. I'll give your three fiddy;)

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Sucks to be living in commie land and not loaded down when we had never conceived of a "pre-ban". Can remember when SP1s were just the only choice on the rack, my first which was a CAR15 was $395. Wish I had bought more and hid them away but AKs were $129 new and $99 lightly used.

ratas calientes

FALaholic #
Back in the day, not many suppliers of lower receivers. PWA was a regular advertiser in Shotgun News. Everything but barrels. I snagged my two PWAs the year before the '94 ban went into effect.

tac-40

Moderator, Armed Curmudgeon
Staff member
FALaholic #
My first AR was built on a PWA lower. Any way of telling when it was made. I know I got it in the early 80's and have rebuilt it several time. The first barrel was a 24" stainless 1 in 12 twist medium heavy contour. Shot that thing until it was a smoothbore. Decided to swap out the barrel when every round hit the 25 yard target sideways.