• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Ident: Variations- Receivers, sub-assemblies, you name it!

SLR-5000

pat@SAFLithgow.com
Vendor
FALaholic #
These are British buttstocks, note the short comb that was unique to all the Brits.

Brit L1A1's were used extensively throughout the African continent, this has the Rhodie camo.

Canadian and British buttstock production were changed to prevent cracking by inserting wedges, also Canadian handguards had the same treatment.

Aussie buttstocks had the comb cut straight back except for a few which were cut up and out at the back. The length of the stock was altered at the front for the different sizes.

Onyx Arms

FALaholic #
Israel SBL receivers

I imported SBL, which stands for “Stuchner Brothers Limited” they were made on FN Belgium forging in Israel in 1987 and 88, I contracted SBL to make type 1,2 and 3 and also afew test inch L1a1a’s, they were not type 3 re-milled,

The SBL is an after-market (not Contract) rifle. It appears they took the Type 3 and milled it to look like the Type 1. This is consistent w/ the 'SBL got forgings from FN' stories I've heard. The upper notch (at the back edge) is very interesting: SUIT cover adapted.

pakmc

FALaholic #
Pictures

Hey EDM11, Thank you for the pictures you've just educated in the gun I just brought at the Houston gun show. I"ve got a CETME coming Next friday and I took a little trading materal with me just on case. I got a #3 Imbel receiver. it's a ban one. with the funny stock. I'm not the biggest fan of the funny stock. I did pick up a parts kit and I'm going to build my next FAL. (If I can find a receiver) I found a century reciever at the gun show but I met "SLOW" here on the forum at the gun show. he gave me my first education on the FAL I had just gotten.
No I'm not new to semi-auto's(I've got an M-1 garand(school trained), Mini-14, SVT-40, a couple of SKS's Russian, and yugos. and other mis. things.
But, this is my first FAL.
But, your pictures are great, sharp and with good light.
out standing work.
Pat

FALCarbine

FALaholic #
How about para rear sights?
I saw some "early FN manufacture license" one for sale and wasn't sure how they differ from the rest. Primarily, I want them to be adjustable.

ssleeper

FALaholic #
This is my first post on falfiles & I want to say thanks (EDMII, Shootist, elbo & SLR-5000) for such an informative breakdown (with pics) of these great rifles. I'm currently looking for one & this thread has been a big help.