• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Ident: Variations- Receivers, sub-assemblies, you name it!

elbo

FALaholic #
Cliffy, I think it's (L2R)
Izzy, StG, G1(Belgium), IMBEL, SA
I believe inch will be short like Israeli.
I can post pic tonite of inch.
Also have Izzy, metric and inch hinge pins.

Need your flip view posted here too, Cliffy.

cliffy109

FALaholic #
Thanks elbo. I seem to have forgotten which picture I had posted and went the wrong direction. I swear... I've got to clean my counter before I do that again. That egg yoke is really bothering me.

davidp14

FALaholic #
hehe if you squint your eyes the SA plug reminds me of a cicadia bug.

uh.....sorry.....i'll go now

what? you thought i had something useful to say?

bykerhd

Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Here are a couple more.

Gas plugs are Imbel & Inch
Gas tube nuts are Israeli(I think) and Imbel
Mag releases are stg58(parked) and Imbel. stg looks to have a part number or something.
Bolt hold opens ar Israeli( ? ) and Inch ( Australian)

elbo

FALaholic #
Hinge pins.
Israeli, metric, ABC.
Female parts of metric and ABC appear to be identical, I had heard that ABCs' shafts were slightly larger diameter but these are the same.

elbo

FALaholic #
Gas blocks:

You can see why the Izzy may need a longer piston tube.
Plug cuts in the front are different. Argie is standard metric. Izzy plug has symmetric lugs so the block has the same notch top and bottom. I think the Izzy plug is the only one that will go in either way.

Argentine & Israeli

renaissance_warrior

FALaholic #
Ok, now I know which receiver to get!

Apoligies to 'Wayne's World" :bow: I've been into quality guns for about 35 years and obviously couldn't get a StG 58 at the time, ahem :bigangel: But now that I can get a 'NFA sanctioned cut-replace-headspace-n-build' I'm a pretty happy camper. I chose the all matching austrian steyer version for $338 delivered, matching numbers and nra excellent from FAC aka gunsnstuff. sure hope it's what I think it is, I've heard some great things about the latest parts. Seen some anazing 'out-of-the-box' pics from forum members also. I must confess, after being a Mercedes mechanic professionally for many years, this is the Mercedes of all longarms. I've had H&K's, new preban one I'd bought and was less than impressed at the metallurgy and the fragile nature of the gas roller system. I had a breechbolck on a P-9s pistol crack on me after 300 rounds right at the roller. It was german police surplus. You can have the rest FN is the best. Why do you think Belgian Brownings sell for so much? I rest my case :fal: :whiskey:

Rooster

FALaholic #
There have been several questions about the diffences bewteen lowers and I have yet to find a good set of pictures to point them out so I made my own. One easy way to distinguish between lowers is by looking at the radius cut (or lack thereof) at the bottom of the recoil plate the bottom of the recoil plate on each.

Type 1 (from G1 Kit)

Type 2 (from Argentine Para Kit)

Type 3 (from ZA marked Imbel Kit)

Last edited:

James87

FALaholic #
Maybe we could use some pics of different wood furniture? Metric & Inch.
How do you know if wood handguards or buttstocks are A, B, or C?
I'd also like to know the difference between Turk, Belgian, STG, & Izzy wood stocks.

Just a suggestion.