• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

I just bought the ultimate FAL holder.

Status

KingSlug

FALaholic #
Its a 1964 Belgium 404 Unimog radio truck. And inside the cab it has two rifle holders and guess what, my FALs fit great. As an added bonus in the back it had two metal rifle racks, each one holds 12 in a facing pattern. I believe they are for FAL rifles. I wish I had a digital camera to show you all.

KingSlug

Not mine but this is what it looks like.
http://home.rmi.net/~dand/mog/bob/image06.jpg http://home.rmi.net/~dand/mog/bob/image12.jpg http://home.rmi.net/~dand/mog/mymog/rollbar.jpg
[This message has been edited by KingSlug (edited November 11, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by KingSlug (edited November 11, 2000).]

Templar

FALaholic #
What I do with pics is to have them developed and burned onto a CD. Kodak offers that service, and then you can send them to Photopoint and then post them here.

Please post some pics of your new wheels when you get the chance.

------------------
"For so long as a hundred of us remain alive, we will never in any degree be subject to the Dominion of the English, since it is not for Glory, or Riches, or Honor we fight, but for Liberty Alone which no Good man loses but with his Life."

Declaration of Arbroath 1320.

SrBenelli

FALaholic #
Rifle racks built to hold 12 FAL's???? If there EVER was a better reason to keep building 'em, I haven't heard it!!!

"But I NEED another Imbel, honey!! I still have three vacancies in the truck's rifle rack!!!"

------------------
The meek shall inherit the earth...but they won't keep it very long!

FNfreak

FALaholic #
KingSlug,
where did you purchase your MOG??? I've been searching and haven't found any within 1000 miles of me. Without trying to sound RUDE can you give a BALLPARK figure for what you paid...INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW!!

LAFAL

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Ulness they sold it Major Supply and Surplus advertises that they have one UNIMOG left to sell. We had a 1946 Chevy 2 ton dually rebuilt as a WWII brit troop hauler and had a warning painted on the tailgate "WARNING-LEFT DRIVE VEHICLE" . A LA state trooper pulled us over on the Ponchitrain causeway and asked if that was legal. Our "CO" snickered and said as legal as yours is, sir". Personally I think that 6 guys in combat gear with SMLE's sitting in the back would get pulled over, too. Major S&S phone number is1-800-441-8855. They also have one Pinzgauer 710 left.

hadleylaw

FALaholic #
Originally posted by SrBenelli:
Rifle racks built to hold 12 FAL's???? If there EVER was a better reason to keep building 'em, I haven't heard it!!!

"But I NEED another Imbel, honey!! I still have three vacancies in the truck's rifle rack!!!"

Thanks for the idea...now I know what to tell my wife as the reason for going to the gunshow today (vbg)

usmc326

FALaholic #
Originally posted by FNfreak:
KingSlug,
where did you purchase your MOG??? I've been searching and haven't found any within 1000 miles of me. Without trying to sound RUDE can you give a BALLPARK figure for what you paid...INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW!!
If you want a military vehicle go to www.subguns.com & post a message on the General Discussion Board asking Brian In
Oregon(BIO) for links. I haven't heard of a Unimog importer west of the Mississippi, unless you count Missouri.
Most are in the N.E., or Indiana & Arkansas. These guys all know of truckers that will transport these.

BMB

FALaholic #
Hey FNfreak I sent you a link to a dealer in your area.

KingSlug, yep the Mogs are pretty neat, have you checked out the Pinzguars yet. They would be another good "rifle rack" and they're made in Austria, perfect fot all your STGs.

BMB

ProGun1

FALaholic #
No joke, that's my favorite militia hauler. What I wouldn't do for one. Did you have any mods done to make it road legal or is there some rule that made it exempt? Even though yours has a box, the ones I've seen in Ga have the canvas top and troop seats. Nice ride, I'm green with envy.

archy

FALaholic #
Y'all might also want to check out the following website for info on both the UniMog and the Austrian [made by our old pals at Steyer-Daimler-Puch] Pinzgauer light troop vehicle. Several of both showed up at the Spring Knob Creek shoot, and a couple were up for sale there. The MVPA website has some other vendors and info, too.
http://umog.com/

Status