• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Highest power (amelican made) weapons mount laser ?

NFADLR

FALaholic #
Location thats the question▽ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¿?
Have a laser (blue) I bought from one of these companies that goes to alot of the fun shows in my local area and also at the reno shows as I swapped a weapons light that was also sold by the same company there.

The laser just isnt powerful enough to see in daylight outside, have seen a laser red or green that is advertised in the MP from a newb here (IE been here less than 5 years) and I just dont have the patience to buy something of that nature IE from a newb and also in the way I could pay, unrecoverable in case of any shenanigans on the sellers part.

So who sells these things out in the world, so I could use wifes credit card to purchase and or also use my exmilitary cred to possibly get good guy discount IE dig up my DD214 or separation papers.

What I really want.

STEINER DBAL-A2

Last edited:

Nathaniel01

FALaholic #
We got several Russian Zenitco green/IR units, they are WAY more powerful than the civilian stuff for sale here in USA. I’d email and see if these will clear customs with the Pukrainian BS going on.

Fiorina

Contributor
FALaholic #
The zenitco ones are real powerful. I have one of theirs but it doesn’t look like they’ll be obtainable now

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
There is NO SUCH THING as a useful daylight-visible laser that you can mount on your rifle.

Remember too, laser beams don't get WIDER as the distance increases. So even if the laser-dot were bright enough to be daylight-visible, it would still be a tiny little thing. Smaller than an inch. In a busy, bright, landscape would you be able to pick out a colored dot no larger than an inch at 100 yards?

Lasers are OK indoors at close range. Arguably VERY useful for aiming when you are not holding the weapon in a conventional grip. You could even point the rifle from behind cover, while someone in a protected position instructed you (by radio maybe) to guide the dot toward a desired point of impact. All this is more theoretical than practical. In a gunfight situation, you aren't likely to ever have a practical opportunity to do any such thing in ten lifetimes.

I have two Surefire lights with green lasers. Mounted on rifles. I've played with them on the pistol range when its near dusk. Otherwise truly useless.

The most useful light on your rifle is a VERY BRIGHT white light, that has adjustable intensity. At close range, a really bright white light, which is roughly calibrated to your bullet point of impact is just as useful (even in daylight) as any laser gadget. Turn down the brightness at night, or you will glare-out your own vision if you fire the Big Bertha light in a white-walled room. Just like standing behind the camera when the flash-bulb goes off. You old farts surely remember flash bulbs.

Last edited:

NFADLR

FALaholic #
Location thats the question▽ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¿?
The best I could be is a dispacher.

Im a little better in weight loss but still not in good enough shape to be a deputy sheriff in this county.

Maybe a LEO from here would do me a favor ? Buy that laser for me and I could reimburse etc.

Just need to figure out how to cash a federal check without any ID, etc.

There is a civilian version, or you could always become a reserve Sheriffs deputy.

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I.R. lasers for use with night vision are must have on certain weapons. For daylight lasers about fifty feet is maximum but can be great indoors for room clearing. The only guns I own with visible light lasers are machine pistols. On a M11a1/M11Nine/M10 which have useless sights and will be used to fire burst at close distance a good visible light laser is a huge help. Have one on my MP5 that works in tandem with tactical light just press proper switch for laser or blinding tactical light. Also have the tactical light/laser combo on a couple SBRs which are primarily structure sweeping weapons.

American made can't advise you, believe at U.S. made have actual power limit to reduce permanent eye damage and all mine are imports I believe. Unless buying military grade seems imports blow U.S. made away. For about $500 can get the Holosun Co-Ax green and I.R. rifle mount, on the cheap Sight market Designator. I have red, green and blue and prefer units where have choice of color. Normally its an I.R. and Green or Green/Blue combo. Have several reds in a box but still have a red on one of my M11a1s.