• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Have you ever been THIS bored?

TNAndy

Computer Geek
Contributor
FALaholic #
I thought for sure this would be my last day in isolation with covid, but nooo000OOO000ooo. I feel a little off, but mostly OK. I fully expected to test negative on day 10. WRONG!!!!!

I've watched all the pattern Damascus knife-making and physics youtube videos I can stomach. I feel like I've seen every movie and TV show in the DVD cabinet twice. Nothing good happens on Fox News. eBay is shopped out. SO BORED.....

In my efforts to blunt the covid symptoms, I've been taking a number of different medications, usually with water. When I set the glass down in between pills, it usually left a ring of moisture on the bathroom vanity top. Frequently the circles overlapped.

So I set about finding the area of intersection between two circles with centers exactly one radius apart.
circle intersection problem.jpg
So if the bottom of the glass has a base diameter of exactly two inches, the intersectional area between the rings will be a little less than 1-1/4 square inches.

Aren't you excited. Go ahead. Ask me how thrilled I am. Now I'm all out of math problems. Uuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhh.

Must be time to apply internal antiseptic. There's gotta be some vodka here somewhere..........................................................

TNAndy

Computer Geek
Contributor
FALaholic #
I'm going to need to know the materials used, the rockwell hardness, the actual lengths of the tines, as well as a specification of the higher dimensions the middle tine is folded into.

Pluribus

Testudo Sicario & Mediocris Albus Diaboli
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
You could try splitting hairs then determine remaining mass.
Completely inconsequential I’m sure. It’s possible that it might matter to someone.

davedude

FALaholic #
I thought for sure this would be my last day in isolation with covid, but nooo000OOO000ooo. I feel a little off, but mostly OK. I fully expected to test negative on day 10. WRONG!!!!!

I've watched all the pattern Damascus knife-making and physics youtube videos I can stomach. I feel like I've seen every movie and TV show in the DVD cabinet twice. Nothing good happens on Fox News. eBay is shopped out. SO BORED.....

In my efforts to blunt the covid symptoms, I've been taking a number of different medications, usually with water. When I set the glass down in between pills, it usually left a ring of moisture on the bathroom vanity top. Frequently the circles overlapped.

So I set about finding the area of intersection between two circles with centers exactly one radius apart.
View attachment 221442
So if the bottom of the glass has a base diameter of exactly two inches, the intersectional area between the rings will be a little less than 1-1/4 square inches.

Aren't you excited. Go ahead. Ask me how thrilled I am. Now I'm all out of math problems. Uuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhh.

Must be time to apply internal antiseptic. There's gotta be some vodka here somewhere..........................................................
So I was not the only one to did out the old blueray and dvd movies! Despite being cleared for work last week (they don't care about test results, only symptoms) I still have lingering effects. By the time I got home each day had a headache, weird muscle cramps in forearms/hands and stomach. I need to replace the fuel injectors in the Isuzu Trooper, should have done it yesterday but after my walk and exercises early AM I threw in the towel. Will try to get it done today.......
Kudos to you for your math adventures!