• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Group Buy Taiga Spetsnaz Survival knife/Machete

TheRussian

FALaholic #
Given politics... I will be happy to get my blade!

Me too! Last place tracking went was customs :( I bet they are examining every Russian package, knowing my luck, lol.. Which they are legal, paperwork legit and everything, so no worries about them taking them away, just may make it take a day or 3 more.

Lets hope ammo for Aks and 7.62 x 54R doesnt go up

TheRussian

FALaholic #
Heeeeeerrrrrreeeeeeeeee!!

ok When I saw the Postman with the box, I was happy as HELL!
Then I saw this and started FREAKING out as one had been lost before, making my overall $ on these a negative :mad:
And then saw an empty box.... And really started freaking out, as losing another would really put a dent in my wallet, but it was in there, thank GOD!! :smile:

Will ship out tomorrow morning, y'all be looking for a private message with tracking #s!

Also this came for my wife, she has been wanting one for a while :)

Will start a new group buy as soon as I get these all shipped out

TheRussian

FALaholic #
All tracking numbers sent!
Not real happy, UPS has gone up by 2-7$ per shipment since the last one.
I think if there IS another group buy will have to be $229 PLUS shipping billed after I ship so I don't get screwed again. Not like I am trying to make $ on this, just hooking people up, but couple this with having to absorb the loss of a knife on a prior shipment, I have lost money on this whole Taiga group buy, which really sucks. I spent a LOT of my time making this happen, and it sucks to LOOSE money. I have a WHOPPING $12 "profit" on each knife, and that WAS after the expected shipping charges that in the past was $13 on avg...
One shipment was $38 to ship....:mad:
Oh well, at least you guys got some cool knives...:D

Unless asked, I don't think I am gonna do another group buy on these.

TheRussian

FALaholic #
Had such a crappy week that I decided to break in a bottle of Jim Beam..
Forgot why I almost never drink...
I am SOOOOO hungover today and have had one emergency on top of another....:rofl::rofl:

TheRussian

FALaholic #
No its modern, and made in Moscow. And damn this hangover lol..I have SOOO much work to do and I feel like a truck ran me over... I know better :facepalm:

TheRussian

FALaholic #
Excellent!! :) Glad you like it! It takes FOREVER, (cause it's steel is so freaking hard) but once you put an edge on it, it stays forever. I only sharpened mine once and it is still 99% as sharp as it was when I first did it, and have used it a LOT

Stranger

FALaholic #
Received mine this afternoon. Brutal and sturdy looking tool for sure.

The bakelite handle is rough and crude… very utilitarian. Its kinda like holding a Glock 21. :rofl:

Very happy with the purchase and TheRussian for bringing something special and a little different to the Files.

What did you use to sharpen? I am thinking of going with a carbide and then ceramic V-type sharpener.

Last edited:

TheRussian

FALaholic #
Received mine this afternoon. Brutal and sturdy looking tool for sure.

The bakelite handle is rough and crude… very utilitarian. Its kinda like holding a Glock 21. :rofl:

Very happy with the purchase and TheRussian for bringing something special and a little different to the Files.

What did you use to sharpen? I am thinking of going with a carbide and then ceramic V-type sharpener.

Great! Glad you like it :)
The Glock comparo is spot on, lol
On the sharpening, to be honest my brother in law has an absurdly nice knife sharpening machine (like $400 absurd :eek:), kicking myself for not remembering the brand of it.... maybe I can ask him tomorrow, he ran the blade in on that and then used some hand tools on the more curved areas. To be honest I was drinking :whistling:and really was not paying attention, he seems to love to sharpen knives, so once a year I give him a bunch and get them back a few months later.

But without an absurd machine and a knife sharpening fiend for a brother in law, carbide and then ceramic V would work well. Just take your time, use oil , keep the angles in mind and the intended use of the area, like the front area. Its a steep angle, and not really intended to be ultra sharp, then the hatchet sharper, and the bone saw- handle area as sharp as you can get it.

Oh and update, sheath prototype is on the way to me! Will post pics and pricing as soon as its all ready. If its anything like his other work... :D

Last edited:

Ductapeman

FALaholic #
I got Number Two today, and yeah, packaging looked a little rough but the contents were just fine-- thanks again, VERY much!

Forgot to tell you, my youngest boy is an artillery forward observer-- he took one look at the first one I bought and "appropriated" it for his own purposes (didn't tell him I was going to give it to him anyway, he enjoys it more if he thinks he's swiped it)-- now it lives in his Bradley BFIST vehicle in Oregon. :rofl: That's why we need sheaths as soon as possible . . .