• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

FNFAL.com Embroidered Polos..

Status

timbo40

FALaholic #
Sounds good! I'm in for two, in large.
Timbo40

------------------
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here."
Patrick Henry 1765

speedgun1

FALaholic #
I read this and thought that I would add some additional info. My wife owns and operates a medium sized custom embroidery shop that has been in business for 6 yrs now...she is very busy but I am sure she could find time to support the cause. Let me know if you have any interest and I can give you contact info, etc. Thanks.

NZ L1A1 Collector

Moderator & Collectaholic
FALaholic #
Jen,

How about making the first 'limited edition' polo shirts using the logo (3/4 view of bipoded STG? rifle) on the front page of the web site.

Fore isn't this the most recogniable pic & rifle we have! and we can't use the FN logo without running into copyright laws.

Maybe even having the The "FAL Files c" included with it too?

Just a though......... It's our Logo Rifle.

Even me being a devoted L1A1 collector would buy a shirt or 2 (even though it will cost me 3 times what it will you guys)

------------------
Kevin Adams
Rifle, 7.62 mm, L1A1 Collector & Researcher.
NEW ZEALAND

Jen

Head Baby Sitter
Staff member
FALaholic #

Opinions??? I am thinking the url (either the full url or just FNFAL.com) in a dark red/maroon with the Lettering below in maybe gold?

NZ L1A1 Collector

FALaholic #

R4 fan

FALaholic #
The second photo (FAL with bipod) looks great. You can see more of the rifle than a little side view. I would like it even better if the rifle was turned a little more, so you can see the pistol grip better.

Tallyho

FALaholic #
Jen, greetings from a graphic artist gun nut, here's my 2-cents. Your first design, with the san serif type, is a much more suitable design. (I voted for the standard buttstock though) Your second design is done in a very undesireable typeface. Courier style typefaces were invented for the limitations of the old standard typewriter and are considered a no-no for use in graphic design. Notice the large gap between the "i" and the "g" in the word "right". This is a result of a typewriter style fonts having no kerning values (lower case "i" and "l" are the most troublesome letters)Try "FN/Fal.com" large and bold with "Right Arm of the Free World" italic, smaller point size and standard weight. Also it is a generally accepted practice in advertising web sites to omit the "http" and the "www" (ie: priceline.com and monster.com)I liked the suggestion of using the fal that you have on your opening page, the 3-D one. Upon closer inspection I don't believe it will work as well as the side profile. The bipod and the barrel overpower the body of the gun which will tend to get lost and distorted in the background, especially as a silhouette. I hope I haven't sounded like a know-it-all, just trying to be helpful. Keep up the good work!

NZ L1A1 Collector

FALaholic #
Thanx Tallyho for the impute, you’re brought out some very valid points. Most people when they try to design a logo or even web page tend to make it too busy. The KISS philosophy is the best, I tried to convey that in my example. Embroidery does require the art work to be simple, because it is usually unable to reproduce the fine detail unless your going to make embroided design in the region of a foot x foot

3D silhouettes catch the eye better and don't look as bland, maybe the owner of the rifle on the front page could redo a new pick, where your looking from fuller 3/4 view?

------------------
Kevin Adams
Rifle, 7.62 mm, L1A1 Collector & Researcher.
NEW ZEALAND

Bruce J

FALaholic #
The firt pic looks good to me. We're talking about a two inch logo right? A lot can get lost in that, so the simpler the better I'd guess.

I voted for the full stock because I think it'd be more recognizable embroidered. However, I'm gonna buy a couple no matter what. They'd look great with my recently arrived grey FAL T Shirt on underneath.

Brainstorm - what if someone bought up a bunch of black nylon rifle cases and embroidered the FAL emblems on them? Now that'd be cool - and useful too.

OR - make it into a patch and/or stickers? I'd put one on my shooting jacket.

OR - (I'm on a role) have a few FALs engraved with FAL Files stuff and auction them off for the board?

[This message has been edited by Bruce J (edited November 06, 2000).]

clubfootroot

FALaholic #
Jen,

I like what NZ L1A1 Collector had to offer. Your design is fine, too. Another poll?

------------------
"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of."

James Madison, Federalist No. 46

Jen

Head Baby Sitter
Staff member
FALaholic #
One more try.. This is shown on white, but will be printed on a black shirt. I expect the final logo to be 2-3" is width. Font Colors will likely be Dark Red for the FNFAL.com (So it's there, but it doesn't detract from the rifle or free world text), the Rifle being in silver/grays/black/etc, and the bottom text being in a fairly bright color like a yellow/gold, bright light blue, etc.

http://www.fnfal.com/images/logo_limited.gif

Per the reasons mentioned above, the 3d profile wouldn't work well on an embroidered shirt. I will make up shirts using the 3d profile as a t-shirt as this would work better.

[This message has been edited by Jen (edited November 06, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by FAL Files Administrator (edited November 10, 2000).]

Frontsight!

FALaholic #
So FNFAL.COM is the right arm of the free world? Sorry, but that's what the latest design says. I know what you mean, but will the uninitiated?

rbbrew

FALaholic #
Cool concept for the last one. Personally, however, I don't like the idea of mixing the text colors. It waters down the logo, especially if the rifle is in a third color.

I think gold text with a silver/gray rifle on a black shirt would look the best. Red might be okay instead of gold, but the shade that is being displayed on my screen is a little more on the rust side.

Templar

FALaholic #
Jen's last design nearly hits it on the head!

Without it being too cluttered, would it be possible to put the "Right Arm of the Free World" under the "Fusil Automatique Leger"?

Like this?

-Fusil Automatique Leger-
Right Arm of the Free World

------------------
"For so long as a hundred of us remain alive, we will never in any degree be subject to the Dominion of the English, since it is not for Glory, or Riches, or Honor we fight, but for Liberty Alone which no Good man loses but with his Life."

Declaration of Arbroath 1320.

Jen

Head Baby Sitter
Staff member
FALaholic #
One more for your consideration..

http://www.fnfal.com/images/logo_limited3.gif

This will be on black. My goal with the Dark Red FNFAL.com is to keep it visible yet somewhat subdued so that the rifle and the Fusil/Right Arm text shows up more.

[This message has been edited by FAL Files Administrator (edited November 10, 2000).]

Status