• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

FN FNC PARA mystery… Pics

WHO

FALaholic #
Found this in a corner of the closet in a tennis bag ..
Wondering why there are No import - manufacturing # s I can find … owned more than 20,years ..

Attachments:

WrenchNHammer

FALaholic #
Pretty cool time capsule. Assuming that you paid the market rate 20+ years ago and sold it for today's market rate you probably did better than sticking that money in the bank 20+ years ago...

WHO

FALaholic #
Actually I’m amazed there are so few markings on this example ..:
In the corner of the closet for ma. N. Y years

WHO

FALaholic #
Yup
True story
I gave it to by anti firearm Wife many years ago and kept it In the 2 go tennis bag for GOOT situation
She passed 10 yrs ago
She was a Belgian national
I’m jus now going thru the house I havnt been in for seven yrs.
Look it up
She never fired it.
Willits Residence

Attachments:

Last edited:

Bubacus

FALaholic #
You would make a nice profit by selling it soon. While many are salivating for the Pindad FNCs at shot show to use as beaters for their sears, the Pindad guns could potentially not materialize. We know the AFT is fickle and who knows if they will hit the US shores. Or just keep it as a nice jewel in the collection!

WHO

FALaholic #
If you found that gem in your closet in your tennis racket bag you need to have your memory checked. If you found it in just some closet in just some tennis bag you are a fortunate man! Thanks for sharing.
I am recovering from a Stroke ! How cud u tell?🥸

1feral1

RAEME Fitter-Armourer
Contributor
FALaholic #
Canuck/Australian 'import' live'n in Merrimack, NH
That rifle is the shorter barreled version with the short type flass suppressor. I do beleive these are earlier imports. Serial is on the lower, not the upper as they are in later imports. The safety too is different from later imports. The discoloration near the muzzle is standard for these shorter barreled rifles. Unknown why, but resembles the lines of the standard flash suppressor? They were rumored for LEO purchases, as that's what I hear many moons ago. Anyways, nice find.

Last edited:

WHO

FALaholic #
For all of u guys who were asking
Yup it appears we DO HAVE the Original bayonet
I tried not to mar the flash hider mounting it for this photo
Fits perfectly and licks up

Attachments:

AGG

FALaholic #
That rifle is the shorter barreled version with the short type flass suppressor. I do beleive these are earlier imports. Serial is on the lower, not the upper as they are in later imports. The safety too is different from later imports. The discoloration near the muzzle is standard for these shorter barreled rifles. Unknown why, but resembles the lines of the standard flash suppressor? They were rumored for LEO purchases, as that's what I hear many moons ago. Anyways, nice find.
There are 2 models:

a) Law Enforcement Model 6040 (folding stock/16.1” barrel/1:12 twist/semi auto 2-position selector)
b) Law Enforcement Model 7030 (folding stock/16.1” barrel/1:7 twist/semi auto 2-position selector)

Howco was the exclusive importer for the New Jersey State Police/Model 7030 Law Enforcement Rifle (folding stock/16.1” barrel/1:7 twist);
Howco/Howco-Gun South imported 1,000 (1982-1983); Steyr/Steyr-Gun South imported 5,000 (1983-1988)

Early charging handles, selector switches, and left side rear sight disc.
Some did have 2 serial numbers, stamped at the rear (vertically), and on the right upper receiver (horizontally).

Tony

paco

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
If you want to know more on the Pindad : Indonesian FNC Pindad SS1 versus Belgian FN FNC https://www.falfiles.com/threads/ra...sus-original-indonesian-pindad-ss1-v1.417197/

The ultimate Belgian Army FN FNC M2-M3 toppic MUST SEE! https://www.falfiles.com/threads/th...fnc-m3-rifle-accesoiries-mods-details.451972/
Updated with several chapters recently...

How to change an FN FNC barrel : https://www.falfiles.com/threads/fn-fnc-belgian-army-arsenal-barrel-changing-pics-info.488865/

You'r welcome ; )
Paco

M Ram

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
There are 2 models:

a) Law Enforcement Model 6040 (folding stock/16.1” barrel/1:12 twist/semi auto 2-position selector)
b) Law Enforcement Model 7030 (folding stock/16.1” barrel/1:7 twist/semi auto 2-position selector)

Howco was the exclusive importer for the New Jersey State Police/Model 7030 Law Enforcement Rifle (folding stock/16.1” barrel/1:7 twist);
Howco/Howco-Gun South imported 1,000 (1982-1983); Steyr/Steyr-Gun South imported 5,000 (1983-1988)

Early charging handles, selector switches, and left side rear sight disc.
Some did have 2 serial numbers, stamped at the rear (vertically), and on the right upper receiver (horizontally).

Tony
Is there any data on serial range on the ones came with 1:7 twist?

Story

FALaholic #
Wud be willing to trade for coins prefer Mapleleafs
While you've been a member for 22+ years, you've also been relatively inactive.

We've had many many scammers showing up recently. The following may help establish your bona fides.

Reference your comment above, I'd suggest a new thread in the MARKETPLACE stating how many Canadian Gold Maple Leaf coins you'd link.
(1) Marketplace | The FAL Files

I'd also suggest a link in your ad back to this thread, so you don't have to answer the same questions asked here.

Also, if you are in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts I believe you'd need to ship that rifle through a dealer. I'm sure others will correct me if I am incorrect.

I'd also suggest you request any incoming Maple Leafs be delivered by a bonded courier.