• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Entreprise receivers? The Collection Sticky!

EMDII

Evil Moderator, , Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
MOVED

:wink:

And yes, folks have plenty of opinions.

I have two (Entreprise receivers that is): an Inch and a Metric TYpe 1. BOTH are excellent quality, and required little fitting, on par or better than RECENT IMBEL receivers. A spate of poorly made Inch receivers got past a bad machine (FAL Files members ID'd the beastie), and laksadaisical QC. Entreprise (yes it's spelled weird) has fixed the QC, but not the machine, so they aren't making new Inch receivers yet. EAI has some commitments for OIF apprently, and are not making new Inch recs.

They are not DSA, true. You'll get plenty of love/hate stories. Expect this: Nearly ANY receiver made, including a few DSA, will require some fitting. First thing: screw the barrel into the new rec and VERIFY it times to about 10:30 by hand. IF it doesn't, you are going to have some intersting times, regardless of WHO made it.

I like my Entreprise recs. I had GG build one, and Heavy Arms another.

For other opinions, wait here. You'll get plenty, pro and con. And use that 'search' thingy in the upper right corner of your page. Type in 'Entreprise' and select 'Titles only' and see what you get. Spelling does matter (like size), because they spell it different.
:wink:

Enjoy!

gw11

FALaholic #
JDSlack9999
You will find that everything Ted said is true! With the addition of the fact that Entreprise has a terrific return policy for when they do mess up. Just remember to mention the Falfiles and only deal with Lawrence if there is a return. He is a very professional person that will stand by his word.
gw11

Falunga

FALaholic #
Nothing wrong with Entreprise for the price. Decent receiver for the money. It will take a bit more fitment and monkeying around smoothing burs off of the mag rails but they are decent. I have had few problems. I like them and suggest them to anyone who is interested in building one. If you are in Wisconsin give me a ring and maybe I can help with your build.

Jim :fal: FALunga

cal

FALaholic #
enterprise arms

they are horrible. someone said they had a great return policy. thats a crock. buy from anywhere, but not them. your chances of getting a good one go up ten-fold if you don't buy from them. i learned the hard way. i'm dsa from here on out.

sparky

FALaholic #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
they are horrible. someone said they had a great return policy. thats a crock. buy from anywhere, but not them. your chances of getting a good one go up ten-fold if you don't buy from them. i learned the hard way. i'm dsa from here on out.

Stay away unless you like to gamble and don't mind losing, BTW it seems there customer service has gone from alright to bad.

I ask again have the guys from the failed inch group buy been taken care of?

Last edited:

EMDII

FALaholic #
Re: enterprise arms

cal said:
You've failed so far to detail your complaint. Capische? See your commentary in reviews, or wherever. But as of yet, no details.
:biggrin:

avanarts

FALaholic #
I have an Entreprise type III. I had to do a bit of fitting to get the barrel timed, but everything else went smoothly. I was even lucky enough to be able to use the locking shoulder that came with my South African kit. I've had it for a couple of years now, and would say that it is a nice receiver.

ratas calientes

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I have assembled two - a Type I and a type III. Search my former posts to see what problems I had. (If you can't find them, let me know, and I'll see if I can help you out.) Bottom line: both rifles work fine now, but I had many fitting problems. I would shy away from another . . . but there is still that question of what to do with my inch kit, since Entreprise appears to still be the only current supplier of inch receivers. For now, the inch kit sits in reserve for a rainy day.

FALJUNKIE

FALaholic #
Try emailing some of the gunsmiths such as ARS,AZEX,CGW and some others.
The ones that I mentioned won't build on anything but DSA, IMBEL or
Coonan as far as I know. Maybe they can let you know what they found good
or bad about Entreprise receivers.

Thunderbred

FALaholic #
I have two type one recievers from Enterprise I built rifles on a while back. The rifles assembled easily and look beautiful, I did the work myself. Granted I'm a machinist and fabricator, but I did little work on the recievers. I may have got lucky, there is always lemons in any production of equipment. I've had good experiences with customer service as well. Jeff

splattermatic

"THUG" MODERATOR
FALaholic #
i've had 5 entreprise receivered fals, and have like them all...
no problems what so ever, with any of them..course i don't build my own,(no time) but the finished products have all looked and functioned beautifully..

if you have any questions or concerns call them and ask for lawrence,,

he's a real nice guy and will be happy to assist you...

as a side note, my poyer was shipped from them and MY dealer was being a dick, i called (not knowing they shipped it) and got lawrence on the line...

after a brief explanation, he says i know you ??????? from me.......
how ??
from here (the files) and from ordering recvrs......
well anyways,,, we got the issues with my dealer worked out, and lawrence was most pleasureable to work with... even with the phone calls and faxes to my dealer, unrelated to an entreprise recvr....

you catch more bees with honey, than you do with vinegar.....

and lawrence if you read this.....

THANKS for all the help with my poyer................

mark

so as a last note,, there are some who have had issues with them,, as said before, there is always a lemon or two out there,, call them and and they will make it right...

FULLMAG

FALaholic #
I've got 2 Type III's from Entreprise. Had a few small problems with the 2nd
one, but it wasn't anything that Lawrence didn't graciously take care of. Very
good communication on his part. Wouldn't hesitate for a minute to order again!

If you're reading this, thanks Lawrence and Howard!:bow:

FULLMAG:fal:

johnnv

FALaholic #
I had two kits built on their receivers. One is inch the other metric and they function just fine. Lifetime warrenty on their receivers is a real plus. I'll be sending Lawrence another kit in a couple of weeks.

EMDII

FALaholic #
They have only recently shipped the CNC out for a complete rebuild. They have some government work, and needed the space anyway. Sad: I love my Inch/GG rifle, and need another receiver to make a C1 and then an Aussie L1.

hotel triple nickle

FALaholic #
I ordered an inch receiver for one of my 2 Aussie L1A1's last june and it arrived two weeks ago. looks like it needs minor fitting and the feed ramp appears to have a unibrow. I'm sending it off to George Gouger at Double G gunsmithing soon as I finish the furniture. took a long time but seems worth the wait. Now I believe my Coonan is enroute as FAC charges hit my debit card on Friday. soon I'll have two FAL's up and running. If you're interested I'll post digital pix of the Entreprise before I ship it to George.

'clees

FALaholic #
I've built 2 Israeli Entreprise receivers with good results. The only fitting required was the charging handle guide on one of them, but that could have been the handle itself. The only other "complaint" is the serial number was stamped pretty shallow. These receivers were from late '01.

gumby

FALaholic #
I've probably purchased close to 20 of their receivers in the past couple years. Most have been very good in terms of headspacing, indexing, general fit, etc. I generally repark them because I find their finish too rough for my liking. I've had 2, (maybe 3 max) that required a return to the factory. Lawrence has always done a great job in providing good customer service.

g

J. Armstrong

Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
2 or 3 returns out of 20 ?? A 10+% defective rate ? Spare me, I don't like those odds even a little bit. There's always gonna be an occasional clunker, but c'mon - this is the 21st century ! To the point - My old ( 4 yrs? ) Entreprise was pretty good - an inch, by the way. My last one ( about 1 yr ) was a stinker. Sold it without finihing the kit. No thank you:tongue: Indexing way off, holdopen hole undersixed, burred, and not quite vertical, rough edges. Poop.