• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Christians: Embrace Your Suffering and Persecution..Historically Persecution has Accomplished the Purposes and Plan of GOD & Salvation

STGThndr

FALaholic #
Notice the progression below according to evolutionary THEORY (Better to read the Book of Genesis.....and commit it to memory!). God CREATED Man.

Descendant (noun):
1 : one originating or coming from an ancestral stock or source
2 : one deriving directly from a precursor or prototype

Primate:
in zoology, any mammal of the group that includes the lemurs, lorises, tarsiers, monkeys, apes, and humans.

Ardipithecus:
the earliest known genus of the zoological family Hominidae (the group that includes humans and excludes great apes) and the likely ancestor of Australopithecus, a group closely related to and often considered ancestral to modern human beings.

Australopithecus:
(Latin: “southern ape”) (genus Australopithecus), group of extinct primates closely related to, if not actually ancestors of, modern human beings and known from a series of fossils found at numerous sites in eastern, north-central, and southern Africa.

And the money shot:
Funny thing- one of my two degrees was taken in anthropology. I was never taught that "man descended from apes". We may have descended from a common ancestor rather a long time ago. Oh, and I grew up on The Book Of Genesis as well as the rest of the Holy Bible. What is your point? Genesis is neither a science book nor a literal history book.

Thoregon

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Here is the source for this thread: Romans 5:3-4

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

There is truth in this verse if you want to see it!

Aeroscout

Contributor
FALaholic #
Funny thing- one of my two degrees was taken in anthropology. I was never taught that "man descended from apes". We may have descended from a common ancestor rather a long time ago. Oh, and I grew up on The Book Of Genesis as well as the rest of the Holy Bible. What is your point? Genesis is neither a science book nor a literal history book.
My point? Did you not say " Obviously you know nothing about evolution and scientific theory... Only fundie Christians teach that humans descended from monkeys (or apes).. evolutionary theory has NEVER taught that!" ???

I quite simply linked to the current pages as listed on the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History and Encyclopedia Britannica Website for definitions concerning the modern theory of Human evolution.

Your argument that they have it all wrong is with them, not I.

For your convenience I have listed their contact information below if you wish to set them straight.

I don't buy into man's unprovable "theories", books or not. I believe God's Word. We were created by Him.

Last edited:

RJCapt

FALaholic #
That’s pretty cool. I have a very good friend who majored in cultural anthropology and she is fond of telling me why I’m wrong a lot. I wasted 2 of my 3 degrees on political science and English literature (apparently I’m not too bright...) but that’s neither here nor there.

So, when you say that Genesis is not a science or literal history book, wouldn’t it be more accurate to say that you don’t believe it’s that? While I would agree that the point of scripture is not science, per se, it wasn’t intended to be (although there is some actual science in there). How do you know, with absolute certainty to emphatically claim it’s not “literal history”?

I believe, with every fiber of my being, that the Bible and everything in it, is factually accurate. Can you with absolute certainty prove I’m wrong? Believe it if you want, or don’t, your choice, but I’m sure you understand that your beliefs are not more fundamentally correct than mine, just because you believe them. I find it interesting that you refer to the “Holy Bible”. What, by your determination, makes it “Holy”? I agree with you completely that it is, it just seems odd to me that you would refer to it in that way and then simply disregard it. Nonetheless, I’m happy to hear that you were at least exposed to it at one point. Maybe at some point, you will rediscover it. Personally I took about a 30 year hiatus from the Lord and wasted a lot of my life chasing “the lusts of the eyes, the lusts of the flesh and the boastful pride of life”. Mercifully, He called me back and I went back to Him with a joyful heart.

We all have to make our own way.

Pete

MOS11C

FALaholic #
As the dust has settled here for a moment we are

....continuing.....

Paul , the number one persecutor became victim of his own persecution.
He suffered ten fold what Stephen suffered. And he continued to preach ten fold to the World.

One of his revelations was that we're stronger when we're persecuted, when we're insulted,
when we're distressed, when we're attacked, when we're wrongly accused...when in our weaknesses.

We should be content with difficulties for Christ's sake....Because that's when He is closer to us.

2 Corinthians:
" And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

to be continued....
-
-
--

Last edited:

Pluribus

Testudo Sicario & Mediocris Albus Diaboli
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
If we were created in gods image then, God is a jack ass. I, you, they, he, she, all. By the way, who are these other gods that God is worried about us worshiping supposedly? (first commandment) Was it Ba’al? Ashira? Or, El before someone changed the name to Yahweh?

Suffer on.

MOS11C

FALaholic #
...continuing....

So Apostle Paul knew about suffering (for the sake of Christ):

I mean , the guy had a terrible every-day life:

2 Corinthians:
" in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often. From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness".
He received 5 times more lashes than Jesus.

But these were physical sufferings. Not that they don't count but to him other sufferings were greater.

What wounded him more was his concern and bad treatment of the churches he help build
and the relationships of his church friends.

As he continued:
"besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches."

He suffered agony with dealing with people. Soul suffering.
People who he loved who also dissapointed him, rejected him, opposed him, failed him, betrayed him,
turned on him, misunderstood him, accused him, unrighteously judged him, maligned him.
His credentials mocked and authority degraded.
And the more love he gave them the more they mistreated him.
And the Corinthians believed all the lies about him.

This is were Paul was at his weakness and despair. This is when he was at the top of his sacrifice,
humbled beyond anyone, abused in body and in Spirit by the church that he gave his life for.

So in the middle of this great soul suffering was when Paul learned 4 profound lessons
which proof that his legitimacy as an Apostle was not the evidence of his success but the evidence of his suffering.

to be continued.....

-
-
-
-

Last edited:

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Keith Raniere, degenerate former leader of NXIVM, (the Cult), was convicted of multiple felonies; for teaching that pain must be suffered by his sex slaves and they must serve him in financial bondage, physical pain, starvation and endure brandings near the vagina, with branding irons.

HIs self help cult, like Scientology,, was also a pyramid scheme designed to keep members paying for life, in pain...not unlike Eckankar and EST.
Raniere got the Bronfman daughters/heirs ( billionaires) hooked up with him.
Gov't has taken it all away.

Paul, by the way, was a GREAT meal enjoyed by the Lions, as was Peter.

Paul should have read Plato; oops he did.... while he was out killing hundreds of early Christians he found on the roadways. He got what he deserved in the end.

Karma baby.
Got any lions?

MOS11C

FALaholic #
...continuing...

So one of the lessons that Paul learned as he sank to the deepest into his pain and suffering was
that GOD uses Suffering to Humble his children.

Humility is the ultimate and noblest virtue....GODs goal in the life of the believers is the believers humility.

....in the other hand Pride is the ultimate sin.
Lucifer's Pride was what threw Lucifer from heaven...Lucifer wanted to be like God.
Eve's Pride was what threw Adam and Eve from the Garden...Eve wanted to be like God.
The volunteered to be demonically possesed and marry human females is what drowned the World
in the great flood....them dudes wanted to be like God.

Because Paul, the person who Jesus made personal appearances to, and made so many
divine revelations to, and appear to have taken a trip to heaven, was still fighting to not
let this drop of pride surface.
A person like Paul would be proud thinking that he was favored by GOD. Blessed by GOD.
And on his suffering and weakness he would boast and claim his merits pridefully.
So God gave Paul a stake for his flesh and sent a demon to test his Pride.
And Paul was privy of all of this at this moment in time.

GOD's divine purpose in our pain and Suffering is also to humble us and take away our Pride.

-
-
-

Last edited:

RJCapt

FALaholic #
Keith Raniere, degenerate former leader of NXIVM, (the Cult), was convicted of multiple felonies; for teaching that pain must be suffered by his sex slaves and they must serve him in financial bondage, physical pain, starvation and endure brandings near the vagina, with branding irons.

HIs self help cult, like Scientology,, was also a pyramid scheme designed to keep members paying for life, in pain...not unlike Eckankar and EST.
Raniere got the Bronfman daughters/heirs ( billionaires) hooked up with him.
Gov't has taken it all away.

Paul, by the way, was a GREAT meal enjoyed by the Lions, as was Peter.

Paul should have read Plato; oops he did.... while he was out killing hundreds of early Christians he found on the roadways. He got what he deserved in the end.

Karma baby.
Got any lions?
You definitely have some, shall I say “unique” ideas....

Just to clarify, it’s not actually known how Paul was killed, but it’s mostly understood that he was beheaded, not thrown to the lions. Peter was crucified. So there’s that.....

It’s unlikely Paul read Plato, as he was a Jewish scholar. I did though, and it didn’t do much for me. Paul was acting in accordance with the Jewish laws at the time when he was persecuting the Christian Church. Not sure you’ll find much evidence to support him walking down the road and randomly killing Christians.

Paul was by and large the most influential figure in the foundation of the early church, not sure where you would get the idea that he “got what he deserved” when he was martyred.

Pete

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Butcher Paul got what he deserved and so did Peter. Lions were used a lot.

In 70 Ad, the Romans had had it with the Jews and sacked Jerusalem. Early christians sects, and there were many many sects, were somewhat similar to todays blatering, child molesting idiots, and money grubbing evangelists. The Romans had a real time with them sects, and God did not seem to care about them much at all.

Constantine was the father of the modern church in 325 Ad, after receiving signs from the old man. Constantines Church was the answer.

However, God was always in the background in the Abrahamic Religions, and the rules have always been the rules, despite what many say. karma seems to exist, and is relentless after enough rope has been taken by the criminal.

I hope ol "11crazy" gets it .

MOS11C

FALaholic #
Persecution is an intrinsic part of Christianity.

Today, Satan usually directs persecution not to a person's physical body, but to his ego. He focuses on pride, the desire for acceptance, or the desire for status. That's very effective.

-
-
-

MOS11C

FALaholic #
Satan doesn't often threaten a Christian by saying, "If you witness, I'll cut your head off."

He threatens a believer by saying, "If you witness, you might lose your job, your status........
or someone might think that you are strange....

.....or they may want to ban you from some internet forum".....LOL

-
--

MOS11C

FALaholic #
The techniques Satan uses today have a tremendous effect in a subtle way.
He has found that it is very effective to kill the church by making it complacent, indolent, fat, rich, and socially oriented. Getting into the Social justice agenda.

The church has watered down its theology to accommodate the world.

That is a more successful form of persecution than having all Christians beaten to death.

--
-

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
The real rules of modern life, somewhat based upon the ten commandments and the old Testament, are as follows;

1. Drive what you want to drive.
2. If you leave something undone long enough, it will take care of itself.
3. There is no sense doing well that which does not need to be done at all
4. No good deed goes unpunished....everyone is warned and be prepared for it to hit your good works.
5. It is ain't broke, don't fix it, but do good work.
6. God helps those who help themselves
7. You reap what you sow
8. A penny saved is a penny earned...Ben Franklin
9. Waste not, want not
10. God is watching everything you do.
11. Speak the truth, don't beat around the bush.
12. If you do not lust for a woman, don't marry her.

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
It is YOU are killing the church on a daily basis.................people probably carry guns into the churches you attend now, just in case you go off...

Such rhetoric, ignoring the last 2000 years of history, for ancient Roman Era anti jewish propaganda, MAY cause others to go armed, elsewhere, just in case, well meaning, but mass murderers all the same, are there in attendance................

GALCO CONCEALED CARRY RIGS, AND IWB HOLSTERS, MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE.
Deus ex Machina..............

MOS11C

FALaholic #
Timothy:

You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance,
persecutions, sufferings, what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured.

Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

-
-
--