• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Chasing the iron sights.

ArtBanks

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
Getting a bit bored with the scoped rifles so I am goofing with one of my TRW builds and having a ball chasing the front sight. Letting the rifle cool now before going back out. USGI standard contour barrrel warms up pretty darn quick. As you can see by the targets I over corrected on the windage. Instead of 2 clicks I should have only done one. Whatta Hobby! lam 1.jpg lam 2.jpg lam 3.jpg lam 4.jpg

ArtBanks

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
My 74 year old eyes work sometimes maybe. The .420 rear aperture from ShootingSight has been a big help for this non-seeing old fart to image both the target and the front sight. Today was overcast with occasional rain so it didn't help the situation. Give me a bright sunny day and a happy camper I will be.

tac-40

Moderator, Armed Curmudgeon
Staff member
FALaholic #
The .420 sight is what I have on mine and I can still pick up the front blade without any distortion. How fast are you pushing your handloads and how much does the wind move them around compared to the 168 HPBT match ammo?

ArtBanks

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
Haven't chronographed loads recently but I am guessing between 2650 and 2750. Not concerned with wind as I only shoot to 200 on my range which is well protected by a 200' ledge 300' to the West of my shooting position.

ArtBanks

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
Getting better. PFC Thomas reminded me to keep both eyes open. Then I remembered I did better without my glasses. Shot this 100-7x with iron sights today.

A little more practice and I just might be able to make it 10x. As you can see, my horizontal ain't bad but vertical needs improvement. Hard for these 74 year old eyes to tell exactly where 6 oclock is on the target. I did put up a larger white backer today which helped. Whatta Hobby!

11 7 22.jpg