• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Canadian "Bayonet 2000"

Airforce1

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Please find pictures of the Canadian "Bayonet 2000" made in Germany by Eickhorn of Solingen. This is the current Canadian bayonet use on the C7A2 rifle and C8A3 carbine. The scabbard and the bayonet combined can be used as the wire-cutter. Also, there is sharpening stone on the scabbard.

Eickhorn Solingen and NATO Forces jointly developed the bayonet system B2005 in accordance with the extensive STANAG specification. The final pre-production run of the ES B2005 was subjected to extreme bending and torsion tests, falling and pulling tests, -40C +40C and ABC tests, and high voltage electrical insulation exposure tests. The B2005 passed and, in most tests, exceeded the STANAG specification, resulting in the B2005 being accepted into NATO Forces stores. This was the first bayonet designed to meet the requirements of the US Marine Corps. Users of this bayonet include Canada, UK, Sweden, Netherlands, and Ireland, among others.

The attachment of the B2005 knife to a weapon in extreme operational situations demanded extreme capabilities. Accordingly, Eickhorn Solingen manufactured the lightweight B2005 from professional bayonet steel, which allows a 30-degree angle of bending in either lateral direction without damage or fracture. An anti-reflective and corrosion resistant Kal-Gard treatment protects the blade and the cross guard. The green grip and sheath are made of fiber glass reinforced polyamide. The wire cutter is capable of cutting hardened barbed wire, while the handles' electrical resistance insulation protects the user from up to 10,000 volts. The adjustment screw on the cutter allows for an optimal cutting result. The sheath with strap fits all U.S. MOLLE and IDZ carrying systems of the German Bundeswehr.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Overall length: 31.2 cm / 12.3 in
Blade length: 18.4 cm / 7.2 in
Blade thickness: 3.6 mm / 0.14 in
Weight: 310 g / 10.9 oz
Steel: 55Si7 (HRC 51-53)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

Last edited:

BarnOwlLover

FALaholic #
Reminds me of the HK G36/HK416 bayonet that I saw in a couple of videos about the HK416F. Probably not a coincidence, since the G36/416 bayonet is made by the same company, and, presumably, to NATO specs.

Dan44

FALaholic #
I've wanted one of those but gave up trying to find one. So I bought a B2005 one on ebay, the seller sells one once a week and starts it at $125. Almost the same bayonet. I'd love to get a Canadian frog but haven't found one that I wanted to get yet.
IMG_0105.jpeg

Airforce1

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I've wanted one of those but gave up trying to find one. So I bought a B2005 one on ebay, the seller sells one once a week and starts it at $125. Almost the same bayonet. I'd love to get a Canadian frog but haven't found one that I wanted to get yet.
View attachment 117188
The Canadian frog show up time to time in on line Canadian dealers.

1feral1

RAEME Fitter-Armourer
Contributor
FALaholic #
Canuck/Australian 'import' live'n in Merrimack, NH
Canadian Armed Forces Nella C7 Bayonet W/Scabbard & Carrier
Authentic Military Issue
(No reviews yet)
Write A Review
Condition:Used

$199.99

Canadian Armed Forces Nella C7 Bayonet w/Scabbard & Carrier
This is the Nella Cutlery C7 bayonet c.1985/1986 era, based on the US M7, but uniquely Canadian. One scale only, which is used on either side with a hex nut and screw, and a stainless 'frosted' blade. The guard is marked 'C7 Nella' They show up on eBay occasionally and run around $115-$150 USD normally. Scabbards are dated. I have a few from '86 and early and late 90's. The later scabbards are marked Diemaco. There is also 3 generations of frogs, the photo is '82 pattern for the C1 rifle. 1st gen had a velcro retainer strap, 2nd was the same with a subdued press-stud, 3rd was like the 2nd, but with MOLLE fasteners, and was inserted in the issue OG107 and later CADPAT 'tactical vest', inverted in the centre of one's chest.