• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Bushnell TRS-25 red dot....durable enough?

lew

FALaholic #
No. The TRS-32 I had didn't last long, and a bunch of coworkers have had issues with both the -32 and -25.

CTW

Contributor
FALaholic #
I must be the lucky one. I had one mounted to an Ultimak on my SLR-107FR for around 1500 rounds. It never failed to work and it never lost zero. I have since replaced it with a Sig Romeo 5. Because of the shake awake technology. I hope the Sig holds up as good as it did. It now sits on my CZ scorpion Evo three.

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I must be the lucky one. I had one mounted to an Ultimak on my SLR-107FR for around 1500 rounds. It never failed to work and it never lost zero. I have since replaced it with a Sig Romeo 5. Because of the shake awake technology. I hope the Sig holds up as good as it did. It now sits on my CZ scorpion Evo three.
Similar experience here, even switching to the Sig R5. I now have a lonely TRS-25 sitting on my bench.

Brasky

FALaholic #
I had one. The lack of battery life made it not worth it to me. I’d rather spend $100-150 and get a sig or holosun that I can just leave on all the time

moonbat60

FALaholic #
I must say so far I have not had any negative experience with my two TRS-25's.

One sits on a Browning Buckmark .22LR, the other on a CZ Scorpion.

Granted, both are not heavy recoiling weapons, but so far no issues.

Both hold zero.

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
As an aside to my previous comment I have six of these "cheap" Bushnell red dots been beating up for years. Two were bought on sale as test units and other four when they discontinued and bought on deep clearance. All are running on identical 14.7" FN CHF melonite barreled 6.8 spc II carbines that I hammer on hard and not one has quit, shifted point of impact or had surprise dead battery but I turn them off when finished and if seem to start getting dim replace batteries. Having a six pack of identical carbines means can kit out up to a half dozen people and if need arises mix and match parts to keep as many running as possible. Think the optic in OP is second or third generation beyond these but unsure if its Chinese compared to these being from Philippines and if it maters but have seen at least a 1,000 rounds in each of the six and these two have seen double that with a lot being suppressed.

Have four similar 13.7" 6.8 carvbines on 13.7" Noveske barrels with flash cans, six very similar 5.56 with 14.5" Lothar-Walther melonite tubes. When I build a group all get same muzzle device, same optic, etc so if that is what is brought out to stage around the house or hand to a group there is no confusion if we are running 5.56, 6.8, 222 Nosler or other. Now if its not "shake awake" I think carefully as handy for house guns but truck guns they may be on every minute its moving.

6.8twins001.jpg

BillVan

FALaholic #
Have them on .22 to 12ga and never had a problem except stiff illumination control. Figured out how to disassemble the control and fixed them all. Is it battle worthy...... probably not but that's what the Aimpoints are for!

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Bushnell TRS-25 is on sale at Brownells today for $66 which is $77 of their normal price. At less than half price put two in my cart. Had five tools Mix of AR and 10-22 specialty stuff) in my cart waiting for a reason to pull the trigger on them and two of them had went on sale for almost half price. Had a free shipping coupon so got $420+ in normal priced product for $204. It was a banner day at the Buheler household today... Have a tendency to keep items loaded in Brownells, Midway and others carts and sign up for text alerts so when have some super sale can cash in getting items wanted at bargain prices rather than instant gratification at normal pricing.

Brasky

FALaholic #
Brownells may list the “normal” price as $143 but that is not even close to a normal price. These are commonly available for $50-75 nearly everyday. They are $59.99 on Amazon currently

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I won't use Amazon anymore. Had three deals go really bad where got stuck with crap on two and never received item on number three. Everytime I used Amazon suddenly got billed $150 for a Prime membership, called and it was refunded till realized they have a checkbook they move around to confuse you to opt out of the automated Prime upgrade. In the three deals I got took they did zero to help me. Rather pay Brownells an extra $6 per as know they will ship and be what I ordered.

FYI, they got a big shipment of powder in yesterday and got 16 pounds of IMR 2200 (thats 4,000 rounds of 5.56) plus ten pounds of Reloader 15.5 and four of H322. Nice to have a good restock of powder coming in. They had TAC as well, had five full jugs and a partial so only bought one but 34 pounds of rifle powder inbound is peace of mind.

Brasky

FALaholic #
I won't use Amazon anymore. Had three deals go really bad where got stuck with crap on two and never received item on number three. Everytime I used Amazon suddenly got billed $150 for a Prime membership, called and it was refunded till realized they have a checkbook they move around to confuse you to opt out of the automated Prime upgrade. In the three deals I got took they did zero to help me. Rather pay Brownells an extra $6 per as know they will ship and be what I ordered.

FYI, they got a big shipment of powder in yesterday and got 16 pounds of IMR 2200 (thats 4,000 rounds of 5.56) plus ten pounds of Reloader 15.5 and four of H322. Nice to have a good restock of powder coming in. They had TAC as well, had five full jugs and a partial so only bought one but 34 pounds of rifle powder inbound is peace of mind.
Never buy anything online without a credit card. Not once in the thousands of orders I’ve placed online have I been on the losing end because of this

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Have done thousands of credit card internet transactions only three got stiffed totally were Amazon purchases. If possible use PayPal as an intermediary and if not use trusted vendors that have stellar reputations. Have paid people on gun forums didn't know thousands of dollars mailing money orders, PayPal F&F on occasion but most I offer to pay the fees on my end if will take proper PayPal but with Bidens new taxing PayPal regulations that has come to an end.

Have even sent cash via certified mail by putting in a small box and insure the box for amount of cash inside. That doesn't mean squat if stranger on discussion forum with no feedback doesn't send rifle paid for but even sending $1,500 to $3,200 cash or money order to non members on the word of a member saying an elderly friend was selling a rifle has always worked out.

Bought two Noveske 6.8 spc II barrels from 68Forums member and four Noveske 6.8 spc II barrels from another internet forum which neither had feedback like we do or deadbeat and reputable vendor area like castboolits forum within mid winter and both sellers lived in Alaska. Thought it odd to find two people selling multiple Noveske 6.8 barrels same time in same state but made the buys. One seller said would take a couple weeks to ship as had to snow shoe two miles to closest plowed road then hitchhike to post office where all mail was moved once a week down frozen river in sled pulled by snowmobile.

Tracking showed his package received by his post office but never leaving it or arriving at next stop. A month passed was still missing then at six weeks it popped up in Seattle being routed to Oklahoma but a big winter storm came through and it never showed up via USPS tracking for over a month and then two. Other package arrived with four barrels but took seven weeks from Anchorage to Atlanta.

Pay sellers more than they initially ask to ship all packages insured but USPS doesn't consider something lost till 90 days after last scan and no further scans. After 90 days have to wait 30 days to file insurance claim which did using scan of sellers receipt paying insurance on retail price of the barrels. Paid him via PayPal, suddenly had more money in PayPal account than supposed to (back in days could just leave funds in your account) to discover their computers track all shipments and refund cost of lost items if pay proper PayPal vendor.

Had filed insurance claim with USPS when PayPal automatically refunded without even telling them item was missing and why now like using PayPal if seller allows as know they make things right. Notified USPS PayPal had reimbursed the loss but once claim was filed reversing is almost impossible unless package shows up. Kept checking USPS tracking even after reimbursed by PayPal and USPS but never showed up anywhere then one day had card in my p.o. box saying package to pick up at counter. Just under six months after shipped, reimbursed by PayPal for amount paid and USPS for retail value was my box full of barrels.

Looked like it had been drug behind a team of mules all the way from Alaska to Georgia but seller had put the factory sealed Noveske packages (Noveske puts tamper proof seal on all barrels so know getting new genuine product) in well padded box then put that box in second box. Got to work checked USPS tracking and still showed last seen in Seattle even though had just picked them up at my post office.

Contacted PayPal to say had arrived and needed to pay them back refunded amount. Said without proof from post office claim was unreversable and post office (dealt with multiple post masters) said could not take back money from claim if system still showed as lost. When picked them up watched the clerk scan package and I signed for them but never populated in system. Ended up with the barrels and two refunds nobody would take back.

The few credit card deals that went south got full refunds and three attempts to snipe my account credit card company suspended transaction, called to ask if I made purchases and when said no they refused payment killed that number and overnighted new card. All three times used cards to pump diesel at truck stops. Can't pay at pumps on truck side at some so they hold either cash or a card till truck is topped off. Learned many of those clerks write information from cards down or have scanner in pocket.

Used a card at truckstop in South Carolina less than twenty minutes later cell phone rang asking if trying to buy flat screen television and surround sound system at a BestBuy in Alabama. Said no, driving through SC and they asked if had purchased fuel at the TA at exit XXX on I-95 and said yes. Clerk who sniped my card was arrested before her shift ended and charged with over 100 counts of identity theft. I was called to testify and since going to Darlington every two weeks at the time didn't mind making a trip over to testify.

Oddly with Amazon they are responsible for their vendors unless you file with card company before pay that statement and in three cases statement came while sellers claimed item was in route then when didn't arrive or was not what purchased then card company says its Amazon's issue. Made three claims with Amazon and got no refunds while in same period of time they dinged my card three times for a Prime membership I didn't sign up for. Will never use Amazon again.

Have had several friends tell me had Amazon drivers push items like televisions and computers off tail of truck and bounce off the ground. Many say found boxes in ditch next to mailbox or sitting in yard in pouring rain. My UPS and FedEx drivers bag all packages if raining and put under cover of shed at work or front porch at house. Our USPS driver at home knows wife is shut in and takes up to five minutes to get to door. He will be sitting on porch swing then sit and talk with her a few minutes about the weather, Jesus or whatever which she greatly appreciates. Told local Post Master how nice he is to wife who says he treats all shut ins and elderly on his route the same.

So decades of using credit cards online between card companies and PayPal the only issues have had that went unsolved were all Amazon purchases. So to save $6 buying off Amazon who does not back up their vendors when don't perform then try to add Prime membership whenever make a purchase can kiss my rosy red @$$. What happens if buy $2,000 Leupold scope from Amazon dealer and get a Chinese knock off in a white box?

If didn't have an unlocked "all zones" DVD player it would be much worse as we buy lots of DVDs and till we stopped using Amazon cheapest price was usually with them but most arrived zoned for Europe, South America or Asia and will not play in a U.S. DVD player and why I ended up buying an unlocked all zone DVD player because Amazon told me to contact dealer not their problem. Amazon is a front for a den of thieves IMO.