• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Bucket O Bayonets

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Kewlness brother Art (y) 🍻

I don't really collect bayonets, but do randomly grab one here and there for particular rifles. Mine won't make a dent on that stash Art, but I probably have enough to gather up for a cool photo op sometime.

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Speaking of bayos for you learned aficionados, does the US even issue bayos now to front line troops?

I can't recall seeing pix of a rifle in action with one since maybe Vietnam, and very limited there 50 years ago.

Ejumakate me tribe......

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Speaking of bayos for you learned aficionados, does the US even issue bayos now to front line troops?

I can't recall seeing pix of a rifle in action with one since maybe Vietnam, and very limited there 50 years ago.

Ejumakate me tribe......

Yes they do!

Still teaching bayonet drills in basic.

In 24 years, never seen one used, except to slice open some goobers hand, or, as I pulled one out of some goobers foot, but yep, they still got them.

Luger7

FALaholic #
I have an M1 Garand Bayonet too. It’s a little beat up but still scary looking. I also have a German Officer’s ceremonial dagger. It’s in good shape, but seems flimsy and probably wouldn’t work well gutting out a Deer.

snowhawk jockey

FALaholic #
My Sure do appreciated the Cetme bayonet. The other I like is an Indian unit for fal, marked RFI68 with serrated spine. Of course the serrations face forward...

eta: fellas that were issued bayonets in the sandbox found they were very useful when fixed, during prisoner guard duty. Bare muzzle and there would be threats and taunts, fixed bayo and there was compliance.

Last edited:

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Well, hell, appears they did stop bayonet drills, oh well, now spending time, learning to walk around in 6 inch spike heels, and proper pronouns I guess.:ROFLMAO:

G-D help the us all..........

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I ask because my son went through basic at Fort Benning two years ago as an 11B and they never trained on bayonets. I was surprised. They weren't issued them at his duty station as kit either. His CO gave him shit about it when he asked if he could bring his own.
When this came up I checked, but guess what I first found was wrong, deep dive, found they had in fact stopped the training.

The bayonet drills really were not about actually using the damn things, rare if they ever were, but it was good training to get the kids into the idea, of actually killing someone,,,,
Which is the job of all soldiers, killing the enemy.

grumpy1

FALaholic #
I do recall seeing video/ pictures from the first gulf war of guys with bayonets on their M16’s. But that was like 30 years ago.

I think with the military going to M4’s vs M16’s I think the top brass figured that there probably not much use for a bayonet these days. Might as well just have a good fighting knife.

Art and Invictus those are some good collections you got.

I got seconds if Lycan doesn’t take them Art! ;)

Colts4me

FALaholic #
It's kinda funny to me, I see a bucket full of bayonets and then I try to remember if I have any.:oops::unsure:

I keep mine in a drawer so it's obvious I don't have many.

I have a Sig bayonet

I bought it years ago along with a FAL bayonet in a leather sheath from CTD.

I think I have a few more but don't know which drawer they are in.