• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Big thank you to FAL member! "The Chief"

Glkiser

FALaholic #
I found a box of mismatched FAL parts in a garage sale including a matching numbers very nice STG 58 "cut" upper receiver assembly, matching lower assembly bolt etc. and most of the parts for a British L1A1. Not knowing exactly what I had I posted pictures and questions on the FAL forum. "The Chief" provided me with a huge amount of information relating to what I had and then offered to guide me in building out the STG-58. After purchasing a DSA forged upper, and with the Chiefs expert guidance I was able to get the STG 58 upper assembled flawlessly. The chief went out of his way to find me a couple small parts matched exactly to the Styre STG. I ended up with a beautiful example of the Austrian STG58.
Obviously a huge thank you to The Chief for all his help and guidance. I could not recommend him higher if you would need information or assistance in finding FAL parts or building out your FAL.
An additional thank you to all the other members who contributed information about the FAL rifles. I ended up with a very nice addition to my collection.

Attachments:

Last edited:

Sh3008

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I found a box of mismatched FAL parts in a garage sale including a matching numbers very nice STG 58 "cut" upper receiver assembly, matching lower assembly bolt etc. and most of the parts for a British L1A1. After posting pictures and asking questions, Art Davidson (The Chief) provided me with a huge amount of information relating to what I had and then offered to help me build out the stg-58. After purchasing a DSA forged upper receiver I sent the entire box of parts to Art Davidson in Louisiana. Yesterday I received back my completed STG 58 upper that was done flawlessly.
Obviously a huge thank you to Art for all his help and I could not recommend him higher if you would need information or assistance in finding FAL parts or building out your FAL.
An additional thank you to all the other members who contributed information about the FAL rifles. I ended up with a very nice addition to my collection.
He’s absolutely one of the best guys on here. That is super fricking cool he did that for you!! Doesn’t surprise me at all he would help you out.

Thats one of the finest rifles ever made. She will serve you well.

Mbell

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Beautiful job on the rifle as mentioned above there’s a lot of stand up guys here. Congrats on your new FAL enjoy it there awesome to shoot and an awesome piece of history

The Chief

Farkën Snêekee Bastïtch
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Quite welcome sir, happy to be of service.

I do wish to point out, the receiver did go to a proper (local) FFL, for whom I do FAL repair work -- I am not in the habit of directly receiving serialized 4473 parts direct.

Happy to have brought another StG to life, was a dream to bring back into :cool:

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Did not, I just had the front end... but I set gas same as my similar StG, and I'd just calibrated my timing rods, so I know indexing is good
The reason I asked is because a couple of us have had BOB, left side problems with the forged StG 58 receivers. I was wondering if you had had any issues.

Glkiser

FALaholic #
I definitely agree with your replies.
The Chief definitely did me right. He's also a great source for help to find those hard to find parts needed to match your gun precisely.
Had it not been for his encouragement I would have probably still just had a box of old parts laying in the garage.
All of the people that encountered on the FAL files have been just awesome! 😊

Rustycelt

FALaholic #
Yes, I have had nothing but awesome experiences with Art. I bought some parts from him and he was nice enough to pick out the nicest ones for me, great dude.