• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Best BCG for the money?

Thorack

Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Well,

I'm trying to find the best AR-15 BCG for the money? Need about four, no way I'm paying more than $200 as you can get Colt or FN BCGs for that money. Anybody found some nice Chrome bore, MPI, shot peened, BCG's?

Thorack

starbuck

Contributor
FALaholic #
I'm sure ARF has your answers but Aero Precision and Faxon both have some nice nitrided BCGs. I've been using PSA's and AIM BCGs with bolts from WOA I buy with the barrels.

The Chief

Farkën Snêekee Bastïtch
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #

hagar

FALaholic #
Only one I ever had a problem with is a coated one. The one that came with my first Bushmaster AR is still going strong after I guess close to 40 K rounds. Actually had to replace the firing pin, started getting light strikes and measured against a new one, it shrank about 1mm. Never replaced the gas rings or anything.

brunop

Refresh Key Masher
Staff member
Platinum Contributor
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I've got all of these in six ARs.

$124.95

I've never seen anything this good, but I've never used Toolcraft - which I've heard very good things about.

Thorack

Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Well,

Everyone thanks for all the help, went with 3 Microbest from PSA. They were on sale as a daily deal. These are for future trade build kits: Aero Precision upper and lowers and Microbest BCGs. Should be good to go. Not gonna sweat the next sky is falling Ban.

Thorack

Canuckienns

Bronze Contributor
Contributor
FALaholic #
PSA premium BCG are excellent. Try to get the ones with the Logo because there is a stigma attached to some of their products.
The best for me when I do expensive custom builds are Fail Zero. Some of the before mentioned BCG are very good. Have experience with some of them.

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I am currently using Colt Full Auto bolt carriers with LWRCi or LMT bolts (on occasion JP High Pressure) and V Seven Improved cam pins to join them. Will sometimes use another quality Full Auto bolt Carrier if find them discounted but this/these combinations have proved 100% reliable (even when upper is put on full auto lower and run hard) and accurate. I will tend to use a heavy buffer or MGI rate reduction buffer and on occasion carrier weights to increase mass and increase lock time by slowing cyclic rate. If I can get cyclic rate down to 500 to 600 rpm then I am very happy with results.

brunop

Refresh Key Masher
Staff member
Platinum Contributor
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
While JP is extreme badassery.....that is for the BOLT ONLY....BCG is the whole thingy....
This is true.

I thought he was looking for bolts, but I'm stoopid because the thread title says "BCG".

Carry on with your regularly scheduled programming...

brunop

Refresh Key Masher
Staff member
Platinum Contributor
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I have an expensive V7 lightweight alloy matched upper, lower, and handguard... I put a JP Rifles bolt and carrier and a 16" DD CHF chrome pencil barrel in it. But I have JP bolts in Colt carriers and no-name carriers, too.

I have no experience with LWRC bolts besides the one that came in my son's rifle, and that doesn't have enough rounds to say one way or the other.

ftierson

FALaholic #
I've bought a lot of the PSA 'premium' B/BC units (Toolcraft C158 bolt) and am very happy with what I've received from them...

And the price has always been very decent (especially since their daily specials also often included shipping)...

Forrest

LKY_13

Sig Sauer Me
Contributor
FALaholic #
I've got all of these in six ARs.
Will second JP BCGs. Their H2 silent buffer kits are also top-shelf.

Always itchin to test out a V Seven Weapon Systems Titanium BCG, but-- never have that kind of scratch to toss at science.

My best for the money if not looking for anything too fancy would be a complete Daniel Defense BCG on a decent sale.

Good luck!