• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Australian L2A1 HB

Status

leatherneck

FALaholic #
What brand of receiver works best on these and can the wood bipods be replaced with L1A1 handguards or not. How much are the kits worth without the receiver I know they are fairly rare mine was bought in the eighties and never put together I had no idea about all the atf regs.

Jen

Head Baby Sitter
Staff member
FALaholic #
If you want to replace L2A1 parts with L1A1 parts, I'll trade you a complete L1A1 kit for your complete L2A1 Kit.

As for receivers for either, You can get an Inch Patern from Entreprise and I believe there are still some Imbel type Inch paterns around. You can also use a metric receiver and just re-cut the threads on the Inch patern barrel to the metric thread patern. I belive there are a few other changes you need to make on one or two other parts as well.

[This message has been edited by Jen (edited October 29, 2000).]

kcsturm

FALaholic #
Federal Arms carries the Imbel Inch pattern receiver.

BTW do you know of anyone currently carrying L2A1 kits? I'm primarily looking for just the front-end assembly - I've already got the bipod assembly.

kcsturm

Paul.S

FALaholic #
Originally posted by fullauto:
kind of makes me wonder if i should pull my belgium rec/L2A1 HB apart and sell the "kit".I could always reassemble it as a STG58.humm~~~~fullauto
fullauto, let me know if you would like to sell the gun whole or trade for an assembled StG & other stuff. -Paul

My email address is ps111(at)home.com. To email me, replace “(at)” with “@” as I dodge the spam bots

[This message has been edited by Paul.S (edited October 30, 2000).]

Paul.S

FALaholic #
Originally posted by leatherneck:
What brand of receiver works best on these .....
If you want to duplicate an L2A1 as closely as possible, The most authentic receiver is the Entreprise Inch. It has the odd rectangular lightening cut on the mag well that was used by all production inch guns. All other readily available receivers have metric lightening cuts (type 1) or none at all (type 3). -Paul.

leatherneck

FALaholic #
Make me an offer waited a week and a half on a 550.00 offer who backed out is buying m14 insteadI need money to buy rem 7mm mag.
Originally posted by Guitar:
I'm interested in an L2A1 kit myself. If anyone out there has a kit or even the front end for sale please contact me.

Status