• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Aussie/Nz contract build photo thread

BriarJumper

FALaholic #
British Army Training Unit, Peter Laidler talks about using Australian BATU training ranges back in the day. The serial number indicates this rifle was originally issued for that purpose.

Thank you, Mark @ ARS does excellent work. It shot better than I can see anymore, need to scope it to give a measurement that would mean anything. I was also using Aussie F4 ammo. It was a very good day! .

Last edited:

fry3008

FALaholic #
Here’s some pics of my 2 builds I did a couple days ago. One on a parts kit depot Aussie kit and the other a Nice condition NZ kit with matching lower, bolt, and bolt carrier. Waiting on a locking shoulder and a few other parts for the Nz one.

Attachments:

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
The playmates reunite. Pulled the Imbel upper from the Aussie/Malaya kit a month or two ago after ordering a DSA Aussie cut. Fresh blast n’ park from the Dr. and put back together yesterday evening. So it’s born again...again :)
View attachment 101621
Interesting way to display, don't believe I've seen that before.

Armsdad

FALaholic #
Heres my NZ build. New Dsa Aussie receiver, Nos NZ handguards, NZ carry handle. And a good view of no houses.

Attachments:

BriarJumper

FALaholic #
"Matilda" is now home :)

IMG_7739[1] by briar20, on Flickr

I hope to get out to the range this weekend, I'll also try to get some better pics.
This rifle is currently ARS's banner image on facebook
He has a few more images posted there.

ARS build, mostly NOS parts on new Forged DSA Aussie receiver.

Looking forward to hearing her bark

Additional pics

IMG_E7495[1] by briar20, on Flickr

IMG_E7493[1] by briar20, on Flickr

IMG_E7492[1] by briar20, on Flickr

IMG_E7489[1] by briar20, on Flickr

IMG_E7488[1] by briar20, on Flickr

IMG_E7487[1] by briar20, on Flickr

IMG_7498[1] by briar20, on Flickr

IMG_7496[1] by briar20, on Flickr

IMG_7497[1] by briar20, on Flickr

yeah, I know.... British mag and Hythe sight, I blame it on cross contamination ;)
:)

Last edited:

Sudden Death

Gone Fishin!
Contributor
FALaholic #
I believe I got them from andytheausssie's buddy(Dennis Y.) when he was selling on ebay a while back under username "margate" something or other. Been a long while and new unissued WWII Canadian webbing is rather scarce these days.

SD

HenryIV

Je me souviens
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
AD64198XX
One of 300 rifles sent to Sarawak that year according to Skennerton’s book. Note that 1964 was a year of conflict on the island of Borneo (the world’s third largest island where Sarawak is located).

The rifle lives on thanks to:
Thedrickel for the kit. (The kit was liberated from Cali and now lives in the home of the free)
ARS for the build and refinish.
Flypaper for the English walnut furniture.
Yellowhand for the wood finish.
F7A0BF74-DCF8-46B7-9B3F-DC3AAF38E7AC.jpeg
This is my load out for Invictus77’s July 2022 match event. 🙃

enbloc8

FALaholic #

Sudden Death

Gone Fishin!
Contributor
FALaholic #
Typical Lithgow Coachwood produced by Slazenger in "N" normal length buttstock with date code. Might also have an NZ Broad Arrow Stamp on it too, but no longer have the rifle so I can't check. Handguards and PG also Lithgow Coachwood, HG's stamped "MA" (Main Arsenal-Lithgow) with date code. CH made by our very own L/FN with original wire and end cap, which I finished to match the original wood.

SD